What are your goals during recovery week?

Options
LovelyLibra79
LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
I really don't want to get too "relaxed" during this time..so I'm thinking of working with my trainer again for 3 days during this time. What are your plans? will you just enjoy the time off?
And thank GOD we made it thru week 3!!

Replies

• Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    Just a word of warning...it's not time off during recovery week. It's a slower paced, but deep muscle workout. I'd be careful not to overdo it because you need your muscles rebuilt and strong for month 2. You have a 40 minute workout that has a whole section devoted to hip flexor burners and a section called shoulder burners. It's not just sitting around waiting for month 2...
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My focus during recovery week was improving my form, since it's the same workout every day. It got my heart rate up, just not quite as insane as the rest of the videos. It's a good workout, looking forward to doing it again in week 7.
  • aimeeleo
    aimeeleo Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm going to do Pilates as well to strengthen my core. I also need help with my diet. So I will work on that as well.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I believe strongly in taking a recovery week to rebuild and repair muscles before taking on month two, that said, the recovery workout isn't easy breezy :) I was still sweating, just not as much! I'm really working on my form with this, since it includes exercises we did during month 1 but it's a lot slower so I can really think about the move while I'm doing it (of course I was working on form before, but this makes it easier to not worry about keeping up :) )
  • GirlyGirl28a
    GirlyGirl28a Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hey guys! you guys are so right!! the core balance video IS a workout!!! I totally expected this week to be like a yoga week or something. But yeah, for sure, it was an awesome workout! those hip burners and shoulder burners hurt!! but in a good way!! what did you guys think about the video? do you like it??
  • Osulindsay21
    Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this today too. How long is the video and how should I track it? I dont' have a HRM so I usually track other videos as circuit training, except cardio recovery (which I tracked as yoga or pilates).
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging cals for this workout, since it IS a workout but doesn't seem like a calorie burner. I'm just giving myself about 1600cals a day during the recovery week, and figuring it'll definitely, without a doubt, net over 1200 so will stay in the weight loss zone but not dip too far down.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was surprised at how much of a workout the Core Cardio and Balance was. I was expecting something a lot more relaxing, but I was sweating quite a bit. I really liked the workout a lot, and will definitely be adding it to my regular rotation once I'm done with Insanity. Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. I had thought I might add some 30DS or something this week, but have decided against it.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This is way harder than cardio recovery lol I use a hrm and according to it I'm working pretty hard. I can keep up until we get to the plié at the end then my quads give out lol. Hoping by end of week I will be able to do that also.
  • rildev03
    rildev03 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the recovery week-month 2 is brutal!