Options
alil2loveable
alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
LET'S MOTIVATE, ENCOURAGE; AND KEEP OURSELVES HONEST

Replies

• JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! Just wanted to let you all know I started today and it went pretty well! I didn't really care for the hot water with lemon so I forced myself to just chug it! The book says to use half a lemon but it was too much lemon so I think tomorrow I will only do a quarter of a lemon! I've had all my yogurt, fruits, water, green tea, veggies and protein, but I still have over 100 calories left to reach 1200. I don' t know what to do about that.
    Just wanted to wish everyone luck when you all start on Wednesday! You can do it!

P.S. I don't know if anyone else is, but I weighed myself, took measurements and am going to take a before photo.
  • foote614
    foote614 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! Just wanted to let you all know I started today and it went pretty well! I didn't really care for the hot water with lemon so I forced myself to just chug it! The book says to use half a lemon but it was too much lemon so I think tomorrow I will only do a quarter of a lemon! I've had all my yogurt, fruits, water, green tea, veggies and protein, but I still have over 100 calories left to reach 1200. I don' t know what to do about that.
    Just wanted to wish everyone luck when you all start on Wednesday! You can do it!

P.S. I don't know if anyone else is, but I weighed myself, took measurements and am going to take a before photo.
  • foote614
    Options
    I too am having a hard time getting to 1200 calories. My husband and I went for a very strenuous bike ride yesterday so I was really in a calorie deficit when MFP put it all together. Anybody have advice for how to do this while holding to the 17 day plan?

P.S. I'm not great at posting yet so while I meant to reply to you I quoted!!! Oops!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    Options
    Hey, sory this post is under 2 topics....i posted it under start weight and goal weight and then realized it should be under TRIUMPHS!

Hey just wanted to let you know that after 24 hours I lost 1.4 pounds! The book says that after 24 hours you should lose 1-2 pounds. Let me know if and what you lost!

SW ~ 178.2
    24 hours ~ 176.8
    1 Week ~ ( supposed to be 5 pounds lost)
    End of Cycle 1 ~ ( supposed to be 10-12 pounds lost)
    GW ~ 150
  • dmzf
    dmzf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I havent lost yet... Today is day 3! I am not hitting the 1200 either and exercise is also causing a bigger devicit (sp)... Please post your numbers when you have a chance I would love to know how everyone is doing.:-)
  • foote614
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds the first two days. My goal is 20-25 pounds over the next 4 months. I am getting a little closer to the 1200 calories--I am getting used to eating bigger portions of fish or chicken and I have a snack at night of a hard boiled egg or a yogurt. I am finishing day three at about 1000 calories so I'll get pretty close to that tonight with a snack before bed. I am looking forward to the headache going away. That part is getting old!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds the first two days. My goal is 20-25 pounds over the next 4 months. I am getting a little closer to the 1200 calories--I am getting used to eating bigger portions of fish or chicken and I have a snack at night of a hard boiled egg or a yogurt. I am finishing day three at about 1000 calories so I'll get pretty close to that tonight with a snack before bed. I am looking forward to the headache going away. That part is getting old!

Ahhh.........I didn't think of having hard boiled eggs as snacks!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the time I have my fruit and yogurt before 2 all there is left is veggies which I've already eatten with my lunch and dinner. You are awesome! LOL!
  • iamtruetome
    Options
    I am "officially" starting today. We get married in 51 days, so I'm in a bit of a panic. I have a friend and co-worker who lost over 20 pounds doing this plan! She was convinced it was from drinking the green tea 3Xs/day. IMO that's definitely helpful in curbing your appetitie, especially when craving something sweet!

I like the hard boiled egg for a snack...also, cottage cheese is filing, and it counts as a protein/probiotic. I like the Breakstone's snack packs with the probiotics in them. For breakfast I'm having plain Chobani with fresh blueberries/strawberries. Yum!

Good luck, everyone. :)
  • dmzf
    dmzf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So excited! Today is day 5 for me and I am 2 lbs down. Wahoo!!!!!! I wasnt eating a ton of carbs prior to cycle one so mabey thats why my numbers arent as hi? Any thoughts?
  • alil2loveable
    Options
    So this morning weight was 179 so that is a 2.4 pound loss after day 1 go me.
  • JSMSDSAS05
    Options
    So this morning weight was 179 so that is a 2.4 pound loss after day 1 go me.

CONGRATS GIRL!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have officially completed the first week of cycle one and lost 6 1/2 pounds!!!!! Feeling great!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone else!!!!!

SW ~ 178.2
    24 hours ~ 176.8
    1 Week ~ 171.6
    End of Cycle 1 ~ ( supposed to be 10-12 pounds lost)
    GW ~ 150
  • alil2loveable
    Options
    That is awesome, way to go and high five all around. That is some inspiration for ya.
  • Sojaided34
    Sojaided34 Posts: 113
    Options
    I was doing this but decided to stop. Mainly because I was not getting my goal calories. I know cycle 1 is supposed to be a jump start to the diet and cleanse you from whatever. I did however lose 5 lbs in the first week. But felt hungry and found myself snacking. Not on junk food though. I hope you guys do better than I did. :happy:
  • holeenavel
    holeenavel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of cycle 1. I have not been able to get to 1200 calories per day either.
    I have lost 5 lbs so far. My husband is doing the diet with me and he has already lost 8 lbs. Although this has been relatively easy, we are kind of bored with cycle 1 and are anxious to get to cycle 2.
    We have been eating really great meals from the recipe book and from the recipes that I found on 'the doctors' web site. All the recipes I made got the thumbs up from our children (16, 7 and 2 yo). So that was encouraging! I would just supplement their meals with a little rice or pasta.

As for the exercise, well that is a whole other story. What seemed to be going well, has now come to a standstill as I have broken my foot on Sunday.We used to take nice family walks and go to the park with the dogs. I can not do those now, as I must walk around with crutches. Dang! those things hurt!
    I don't really know what to do if I can't walk/run. Any ideas ?
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    I'm only on day two and I feel skinnier and could barely finish my breakfast!
  • alil2loveable
    Options
    I am on day 8 of cycle 1. I have not been able to get to 1200 calories per day either.
    I have lost 5 lbs so far. My husband is doing the diet with me and he has already lost 8 lbs. Although this has been relatively easy, we are kind of bored with cycle 1 and are anxious to get to cycle 2.
    We have been eating really great meals from the recipe book and from the recipes that I found on 'the doctors' web site. All the recipes I made got the thumbs up from our children (16, 7 and 2 yo). So that was encouraging! I would just supplement their meals with a little rice or pasta.

As for the exercise, well that is a whole other story. What seemed to be going well, has now come to a standstill as I have broken my foot on Sunday.We used to take nice family walks and go to the park with the dogs. I can not do those now, as I must walk around with crutches. Dang! those things hurt!
    I don't really know what to do if I can't walk/run. Any ideas ?

Sorry took so long to respond..

Depending on your upper body strength. You can do 1 legged chair Squats. if that is not feesible. You can focus on your upper body and do deep breathing exercises for your cardio.
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of cycle 1 and I've lost 2 pounds and 2inches in my waist!!! I feel so much better and this is a diet I can stick with. :)
  • holeenavel
    holeenavel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So my foot seems much better and I am doing more upper body exercises. (Thanks for the tip). Now starting cycle 2.

Only lost 7 lbs but am very happy about it.

Stay focused on the end result!!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am on Cycle 1 day 16. I've lost 8 pounds and am thrilled with that. My doctor approved this diet for me and was excited about it. I also wanted to share the fact that sometimes tea whether it is green tea or regular tea can deplete the body of iron. I realize that information is probably for those who drink an enormous amount of tea or green tea. However, I've had gastric bypass 18 years ago and I have to be ultra careful with that. Iron is already one of the things I have a hard time absorbing. I have opted to not drink the tea at all and replace that with water. My doctor thought too that this would be a good idea for me to do. I love the diet itself and love the food on it. I have a couple of good (really good) recipes if anyone is interested. Feel free to friend me. I look forward to cycle 2, I start that on this coming Sunday. My problem there is that I will be traveling starting Monday from Louisiana to Illinois and then to Oregon by car and then back the same way. This will entail lots and lots of meals I may have little control over. I have taken the time to sort of plan out a bunch of what if's and made a good list of what I can have while traveling. I am taking my book with me too. So happy to have found this group.