What time of day to work out?

Options
Maiello1970
Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
So, often before/after cool down, Jillian talks about going out and making the day great, killing the day, etc. This leads me to believe she intends on people working out in the morning.....

Question is, does it really make a difference? I work out after work, love it, feel great, feel the burn, and am seeing results....

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere (where? I cannot remember maybe FB) a post from J.M. that morning is good, but it's really all about working out the same time every day because your body releases endorphins when it is expecting it. So consisency is the key.
  • BeautifulAmazonGoddess
    Options
    yep, she talked about this in her last podcast. noone said that working out in the morning is better for u, so whatever feels good. but make sure to workout at around the same time on a regular basis.
  • Maiello1970
    Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Very consistent at working out at 5:45pm every day, this way I don't eat dinner too late. I wouldn't mind the morning workout, but from what I have read, they say you should eat 30 minutes before... .i like sleep too much!!! As it is, I get up at 6am!
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think it does not matter whether it is morning or afternoon as long as you work out every day as scheduled. I personally find afternoons more doable, also, as I like to sleep in in the morning. If I work out in the afternoon, that helps me control the amount of food I eat in the evenings.
  • PierdoPeso
    PierdoPeso Posts: 25
    Options
    I get up at 4:00 every weekday morning so that I can start the workout by 4:30. I usually eat within an hour of working out. There's too much going on at home after work with the family and all, and if I don't do it right away, I could find excuses not to do it. I avoid all that by working out in the morning before I go to work. I try to sleep in a couple of hours later on the weekends.