Who's with me???

Options
Maiello1970
Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
Guess i created this group all wrong? But here we go...

As mentioned, its 5 weeks, with alot of hard work, we can do this!!!! Count on me for daily posts and support!!!

Whoever joins should post on August 1st what their starting weight is, post every Wednesday morning, then on the 31st post your finishing weight. Of course, if anyone wants to post progress during the month, that would be welcome too...

Inbox me your starting weight as well, and I will put together a list so we can compare progress at the end of the month in 1 post.

Replies

• washcapfan
    washcapfan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in - hoping the challenge will be me that extra push!!!
  • Jane0322
    Jane0322 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks Maiello for starting this Challenge and for being willing to motivate and organize us. I think this is a great idea. I need motivation so much right now. I just got back from vacation on Wednesday and Friday I rejoined myfitnesspal after a few false starts. So my goal for this week is taking off the weight I gained the past two weeks while on vacation. I only have another 2 pounds to go to be pre-vacation weight , but that is just to get be back to the starting line. With the Olympic's on now it's motivating me to get more active too. So I've been getting in my swimming pool the last 3 days and swimming 25 minutes. I plan on increasing this and adding other forms of excersize a little at a time. I need the accountablity to keep me on track. This challenge will help me get off to a great start and it will motivate me to come to myfitnesspal ever day and to weigh in weekly. I'm adding a reminder to my iphone now to weigh in on Aug. 1st. Go Team Go!!!!! Let's all go for the Gold. :bigsmile:
  • blablapwet
    blablapwet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in too
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been at a "stand-still" since end of June because I haven't been watching my cals closely enough. So I want to kick it back into gear!
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I'm in! I have to drop a dress size by Sept 8 to fit into my bridesmaid dress for my girlfriend's wedding! Let's do it.
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    I am in - hoping the challenge will be me that extra push!!!

Welcome!!! Don't forget to inbox me your starting weight so i can post end of month results!!
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    Thanks Maiello for starting this Challenge and for being willing to motivate and organize us. I think this is a great idea. I need motivation so much right now. I just got back from vacation on Wednesday and Friday I rejoined myfitnesspal after a few false starts. So my goal for this week is taking off the weight I gained the past two weeks while on vacation. I only have another 2 pounds to go to be pre-vacation weight , but that is just to get be back to the starting line. With the Olympic's on now it's motivating me to get more active too. So I've been getting in my swimming pool the last 3 days and swimming 25 minutes. I plan on increasing this and adding other forms of excersize a little at a time. I need the accountablity to keep me on track. This challenge will help me get off to a great start and it will motivate me to come to myfitnesspal ever day and to weigh in weekly. I'm adding a reminder to my iphone now to weigh in on Aug. 1st. Go Team Go!!!!! Let's all go for the Gold. :bigsmile:

My pleasure... and welcome!!! Great job on swimming, its a great burner! Don't forget to inbox me your starting weight so i can post end of month results!!
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    I'm in too

Welcome!!!
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    I'm in! I have been at a "stand-still" since end of June because I haven't been watching my cals closely enough. So I want to kick it back into gear!

Welcome Kelsey! I find that utilizing MFP DAILY keeps me accountable and lets me know where i sometimes can go wrong.... Don't forget to inbox me your starting weight so i can post end of month results!!
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    :bigsmile: I'm in! I have to drop a dress size by Sept 8 to fit into my bridesmaid dress for my girlfriend's wedding! Let's do it.

Welcome Lizzy! Let's do it! I think a dress size is totally reasonable!!! Don't forget to inbox me your starting weight so i can post end of month results!!
  • adelro28
    adelro28 Posts: 5
    Options
    10 more pounds and i'm getting that kayak i've been putting off!!
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in!! I want to loose 14 lbs before my cousin's wedding in October and have been at a plateau. I have an awesome dress that I received as a gift for free and I need to loose the 14 in order to fit it correctly. A little on the snug side now. Maybe this will help me push past my plateau and loose it! Thank you for putting this together and organizing this!!
  • SRH88
    SRH88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi team,

Great idea - Count me in! Start weight to follow via inbox.

Steph.
  • Jane0322
    Jane0322 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Adelro28, I can see you paddleing your new Kayak now. It's funny you should mention the Kayak. Today's my son's birthday, he's 33 and he told me his going to buy himself a Kayak for his Birthday gift. He has a few friends he's been Kayaking with but he always has to go to a place and rent one and that has gotten old. He's also working on losing weight, he was doing well when he was running but his hours have been so long at work and the weather so hot that he slacked off but he's trying to get back into some kind of physical activity. I wish you the best on this challenge. Post a picture with your new Kayak when you get it :bigsmile:
  • sahawley10
    Options
    I'm in! Need the extra motivation and the positive results. :)
  • nainaa22
    nainaa22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Count me in! Hope this group remains active and doesn't die out like other groups :P
  • Vsanchez15
    Options
    I had told my self about a week ago that my goal was to lose 10 lbs by Aug 18 for a trip to San Diego. I've been motivated and been watching my caloric intake and getting on my stationary bike at least 4 days a week for at least 60mins. I know 3 weeks for 10 lbs might be a stretch but as long as I can see that I'm well on my way to hitting 10lbs by the 31st, I'll be satisfied. Good luck everyone
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    I am in!! I want to loose 14 lbs before my cousin's wedding in October and have been at a plateau. I have an awesome dress that I received as a gift for free and I need to loose the 14 in order to fit it correctly. A little on the snug side now. Maybe this will help me push past my plateau and loose it! Thank you for putting this together and organizing this!!

Welcome to the group, we can do this!!!
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    Count me in! Hope this group remains active and doesn't die out like other groups :P

Hi Lemon! I am an MFP addict, so I doubt it will die out.. not by me anyway...
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    I'm in! Need the extra motivation and the positive results. :)

sahawley...welcome, and we will keep you moving!!!