Presentations

Options
icecle
icecle Posts: 47 Member
Hi,
I have just started this group to find and give motivation!

For the moment, i would like to keep the group open and public, but if you just joined take a minute to present yourself !

So welcome and let's see where this adventure bring us :)

Replies

• icecle
    Options
    Just to give the good example :)

I have found MFP a month ago more or less and among the other things i like the idea of having forums and groups to support each other. from this the idea of opening a new group.

Regarding my weight story, I have started gaining weight basically when i have started living alone :) and having no one controlling the amounts of junk food i was buying and eating (mainly sweets, ice cream, chocolate, etc ).
    But the worst has been when i have discovered that i am allergic to gluten and therefore started a gluten free diet. The gluten free diet restored my intestine and in one year i gained about 10 kg (22lbs).

So now i am decided and i want to loose about 15 kg, i went ot a doctor and she gave me a diet, nothing extraordinary new, basically i am eating less :) and trying to move more. Sweets and carbs are not banished but considerably reduced.

And that is is :)
  • kellis753
    kellis753 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kim and I'm a single mom of two beautiful children ages 6 & 8 that keep me very busy. I am getting married next year and I would like to loose about 80 pounds in the next year. I have made the choice to eat better and become a better example for my kids. I'm sick of never having any energy!! I have only been moving forward with this life decision for about a week now but I can already feel the difference in energy I have just by getting up and moving every day! I know I can't do it alone so I think this group will be great for me so that I can have the same weekly goals as others and see how this moves me up the fitness ladder. :)
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sonya. I have been using MFP since May and have only lost 4 LBs. I'm pretty down about that but I'm still working at it. I have between 15-20 LBs more to lose. I work out at Curves 4 times per week, 2 of those days is Curves + Zumba. I am also participating in #BestBodyBootcamp right now from 7/23 - 9/16 and this is really kicking my butt! I am trying to incorporate running/jogging into my life - we'll see how far I get with that. :)
  • curlac
    curlac Posts: 20
    Options
    I am Shannon. I have been on MFP for a while now. I am hoping this time will be the time I can make it work. My husband and myselfare going on our first vacation without my kiddos in December and would like to look as close to a hot mama as I can get. I am trying not to focus on past failures but looking forward to future successes. I am swimming for exercise right now because my knee has been bothering me.
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Midge I'm a caregiver and I love competition...I'm competing with myself to lose about 15 pound by Halloween! So with the challenges here I have a chance of reaching my goal. If anyone would like to add me as a friend to help keep motivated, i would love the extra motivation i would get in return! If interested please send a request! -Midge
  • michelleraber
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Michelle. I am a stay at home mom with 3 children 10, 8 and 6. I was always a bean pole growing up until after I had my last child. Then in May of this year I had a heart attack with only being 32 years old. Then a month later I was diagnosed with high cholesterol. Cardiac and cholesterol is a problem for most people on my fathers side of the family, and I knew about it since I was 16. However, just like most other people I thought that I was going to be the exception to the rule. I recently quit smoking 2 months ago and I have started to eat much better. I am just now starting my second week on MFP and I love it. I feel better than ever and energized. I hope this group pushes me to do things that I would not normally do and meet other people trying to do the same thing as me.
  • Mslbz2
    Mslbz2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm 18 and going to college soon and I want to be in the best shape possible. I'm looking to lose around 15lbs and love a good competition :)
  • drgd05
    drgd05 Posts: 9
    Options
    HI! My name is Dawn. I'm a single mom of a 12 year old son. I have done the diet rollar coaster for years. I finally got sick and tired of it all. I just want to be healthy and be here a long time for my son. I have been on mfp about 3 weeks or so. I love it! Since the middle of May I'm down a total of 24 lbs, 10 of which I've lost since I've been on here. I've been just trying to eat healthy and not beat myself up when I slip a little. I try to get a little exercise in every day. I make it a point to walk around whenever possible! I also love a challange so bring it ladies!! :)
  • cazosu
    cazosu Posts: 4
    Options
    you definetly made the right choice!!! I started this program too because of my cholesteral being high!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just joined this group - hoping that this can give me the inspiration that I'm looking for. I'm Jane, 36 years old, living in the South of England and working in London as a Learning and Development Manager. I've been on MFP since April 2010 - did really well, losing 12lbs by the end of November - then my mother in law died, Christmas happened and before I knew it, 2011 had passed and I'd gained 8lbs back - :mad:
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    hit the post reply too soon! I'll go into the other posts and set my goals, current weight etc - looking forward to being in a group that can support and encourage each other - and be honest if necessary!
  • icecle
    Options
    Welcome to everybody!

I am so happy that many replied at my call. It's the first of august, the challenge begins!!!
  • Hi :) hope I'm not to late to join... I know I've missed the challenge this week
    I started MFP about a month ago and somehow my 'ticker' is still sitting and '0kgs lost' grrrrr...
    I don't really need to lose to much weight I just want to be healthier and I am trying to get fit.
    That is why I am starting C25K next week :)
    Just so you know a little bit about me I just turned 17. I have never had a boy friend and , yes, I am that girl who sits on the beach too self conscious to wear a bikini... I love hanging out with my friends though and I have an amazing family!
    anyways nice to meet you all :)
    lets do this!