Shoes for Insanity?

Options
wolveslovemee
wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
Just curious what shoes you guys are using for the workouts.

I personally was using some Asics Onitsuka Tigers...which has been a BIG no no thus far, but bought a pair of Asics Gel 33's. Going to test them out tomorrow :)
Ive actually heard people like doing it barefoot!

What do you guys use?

Replies

• hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I use some Merrell's that are probably meant more for walking. -_-
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have some New Balance cross-trainers...I would never dream of doing this barefoot. There definitely needs to be some support for both the ankles and knees.
  • annabanana1786
    annabanana1786 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do it barefoot but I workout on carpet...I don't think I could do it barefoot on hard floors.
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ryka makes a great crosstrainer; amazon has it for about 50 bucks. I bought a pair of reebok flex trainers but I noticed I had patellar tendon pain after using those twice, so back to the Rykas. Don't do it barefoot on hard floors, whatever you do. Ouch!
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/largeImage/index.jsp?LargeImageURL=http://TSA.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTSA-10043603dt.jpg

I wear Nike Dual Fusion ST Running shoes they give great support, are breathable and I have narrow feet so they fit snug more like a cross trainer but because they are a running shoe they are light weight. I have hard wood floors I would'nt dream of doing all of those jumps barefoot. I value my ankles and my knees.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have some New Balance cross-trainers...I would never dream of doing this barefoot. There definitely needs to be some support for both the ankles and knees.

Ditto. Tried doing it in some nike cross trainers and it was terrible haha.
  • Super_Dave_32
    Options
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/largeImage/index.jsp?LargeImageURL=http://TSA.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTSA-10043603dt.jpg

I wear Nike Dual Fusion ST Running shoes they give great support, are breathable and I have narrow feet so they fit snug more like a cross trainer but because they are a running shoe they are light weight. I have hard wood floors I would'nt dream of doing all of those jumps barefoot. I value my ankles and my knees.

I have the men's version of these shoes, and I second the endorsement. I was using New Balance cross trainers and they didn't seem to offer enough support on all the side-to-side movements Insanity puts you through. My calves were on fire before I even finished the warm-up. I made the switch and had immediate relief in my lower legs. If you're having the same problem, give these shoes a shot.
  • Shoogle83
    Shoogle83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just got a pair of Nike free TRs, only used them for a fit test and max interval circuit yesterday but so far they seem pretty good!
    I exercise on carpet and found barefoot was ok apart from too much friction causing blisters on the balls of my feet.
  • LD1996
    LD1996 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a pair of Ryka cross trainers that work well for me. I workout on hard floors, so a good shoe is a must. I have also worn New Balance cross trainers in the past and loved those, too.

I personally don't think Insanity is a workout that should be done barefoot. I think there is too much movement and jumping that could lead to an injury without proper support for your feet.
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I tried barefoot on carpet once and didn't last five minutes before I put my shoes back on. I felt like the bottoms of my feet were going to bruise! Now I'm using Reebok Zigs. I like the cushion and how breathable they are.
  • mmannm5
    mmannm5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do it barefoot on carpet... I haven't had problems, but with certain exercises I do notice that my feet get tired/strained from the position. I'm in my second week of Month 2, so if anyone is worried about trying it barefoot, I would say to try! I really hate wearing shoes, so it works for me.
  • MonicaT1972
    Options
    Barefoot on carpet for me as well. Recommended by my podiatrist as the most natural way to support my body correctly. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I do it barefoot but I workout on carpet...I don't think I could do it barefoot on hard floors.

Same here. I haven't had any issues with my feet or ankles so far.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Barefoot on carpet for me as well. Recommended by my podiatrist as the most natural way to support my body correctly. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it!

I might have to try that! Maybe tomorrow! See how long I last!

For me though I have the Asics gel's.

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Womens-Gel-Strike-Running-Indigo/dp/B004DERA9S/ref=sr_1_8?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1344437971&sr=1-8&keywords=asics+purple+white+gel

They do pretty good however I would like to upgrade to the next level. I actually was in-between a 5.5 (3.5 kids) and a 6 (or a 4 in kids) for a while when I was pregnant and then not again. I am down to a size 5.5 in shoes for woman’s again and a 3.5 for kids. HAH... I lost a shoe size since pregnancy! :) So my size 6 is too big and I am sliding around in them. And that is after I washed them and shrunk them.

Here is what I want to get…. I am dreaming but someday soon maybe!

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Womens-Gel-Nimbus-Running-Black/dp/B006H1LPKU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=29CW30ARPJVPW&coliid=I144RG22TSNJA7
  • Vegansweetie19
    Options
    Nike frees: they're perfect for Insanity cuz they're so lightweight comfy and give a ton of support. Your feet don't rock to the side cuz of the sole of the shoe so it's really hard to worry about turning an ankle with all the fast moves!

P.s. anyone add me I need friends! :)
  • tommy70817
    Options
    Love my Five Fingers