"Natural" look??

Options

Replies

• Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    And i do beleive that most men find women at their most attractive when their hair is a curly blob/mess,their make up is wiped off, face glowing, all smiles, from the throws of passion!! :love:

So yeah, at their most natural :flowerforyou:

Well, yes, I have noticed this. That's not quite how I look at the moment -- not that I would mind if I did :devil:

:bigsmile:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I wear just enough make-up to make me look healthy. :smile: With my light/blonde features, I tend to look tired or sick without it. At least that is what I have been told. My eyebrows and eyelashes are so light that if I don't use a brow pencil and some mascara, they are nearly invisible.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I used to fight the corkscrew curls. I had to stop. My hair is entirely too thick and has gotten way too long. And let me run into some rain or humidity....fugatboutit...

I feel like it is always a mixed review with the curls vs straight debate.

My makeup is always pretty natural.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    And i do beleive that most men find women at their most attractive when their hair is a curly blob/mess,their make up is wiped off, face glowing, all smiles, from the throws of passion!! :love:

So you're tellin me.. that to attract a man, I should walk around with sex hair, pinched cheeks, and no makeup?

That wouldn't match my "going out" dresses! :tongue:

I'm tellin' ya.. I wish fads of the 70s would make a comeback for big hair. I would totally own that *kitten*.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I get the most male attention when my hair is curled and I have a lot of makeup on. Also when I wear skirts for some reason... whenever I wear skirts I can't walk two blocks without some guy yelling how good I look... haha

Anyway, it really depends on what kind of guy you want to attract. Every guy is different. My brother says he hates when girls don't wear makeup and don't wear stylish clothes. He was engaged to a girl for a short time and he said the things that bothered him about her was she didn't wear makeup and shopped at Target for her clothes.

It may sound vain, but women look better with makeup...
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    He was engaged to a girl for a short time and he said the things that bothered him about her was she didn't wear makeup and shopped at Target for her clothes.

Really? Sounds like a nice guy. :grumble:
  • Katefab26
    Options
    I get the most male attention when my hair is curled and I have a lot of makeup on. Also when I wear skirts for some reason... whenever I wear skirts I can't walk two blocks without some guy yelling how good I look... haha

Anyway, it really depends on what kind of guy you want to attract. Every guy is different. My brother says he hates when girls don't wear makeup and don't wear stylish clothes. He was engaged to a girl for a short time and he said the things that bothered him about her was she didn't wear makeup and shopped at Target for her clothes.

It may sound vain, but women look better with makeup...

Hold up, I didn't say I looked like a slob! My hair has a very nice natural wave to it and I naturally have very expressive, large green eyes. I am just coming to the realization that I don't have to cake on makeup and spend hours on my hair to be pretty. Everyone is different. It's just nice to know that I can be more natural with my appearance and actually get a much more positive reaction!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I hardly wear make up, only mascara and eyeliner. My hair has a natural curl to it so I'll I do is let it air dry, give it a few puffs of hairspray and I am good to go. Very low maintenance, ha ha.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    He was engaged to a girl for a short time and he said the things that bothered him about her was she didn't wear makeup and shopped at Target for her clothes.

I think I would dig this girl. I wouldn't fear her spending me into the poor house with shopping excursions.
  • Katefab26
    Options

I think I would dig this girl. I wouldn't fear her spending me into the poor house with shopping excursions.

:laugh:

I was just wondering what is wrong with shopping at Target anyway. I am always super proud of buying clothes that look good without spending a lot of money. One of my favorite stores is Second Time Around, which is the one of the only places I know of where one can get extremely cute clothes without breaking the bank.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Well, being an opera singer is not a strike. Quite the contrary. When I first moved to Prague (a long time ago), I had a small apartment about a 5 minute walk from the Statni Opera. I was there every month, usually by myself. I love the opera and actually - I swear I'm not joking - dated a Czech opera singer for a while. I later learned she was married. And, apparently, her husband knew about our relationship... I prefer my drama on the stage, so that ended that...

--P

On this side topic - operas and orchestras are all about the drama. I went to one of the top music schools here in the states and played in the opera orchestra for a couple of seasons as well as going to classes with all my fellow musicians. You couldn't write a soap that tops the kind of stuff that went on there!

On makeup - From a girl's persecutive I get a lot more interest when I'm wearing some, but don't have it caked on. I really think that most men's version of no makeup and a girl's version of no make up are two different things. :wink:
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options

Yeah, my brother's a douche sometimes, but I love him and he does respect women. He's just very judgmental. No one's perfect.

Personally, I wouldn't buy clothes at Target. Clothes is one area I'm willing to splurge because I believe they should be good quality...

Also, I never accused you of being a slob. From your picture, I can see you look nice. I guess what I was trying to say was in my OPINION I believe women look better with makeup. That DOESN'T meaning having to "cake it" on.

I guess at the end of the day it matters what YOU think about your appearance... maybe that's why you've been getting more compliments from men. You feel more confident looking more natural. Good for you.
  • Katefab26
    Options

On this side topic - operas and orchestras are all about the drama. I went to one of the top music schools here in the states and played in the opera orchestra for a couple of seasons as well as going to classes with all my fellow musicians. You couldn't write a soap that tops the kind of stuff that went on there!

On makeup - From a girl's persecutive I get a lot more interest when I'm wearing some, but don't have it caked on. I really think that most men's version of no makeup and a girl's version of no make up are two different things. :wink:

Uh oh! Orchestra people!!! Just kidding -- it's true though. Musicians are all about the drama. I try to save my histrionics for the stage, but I will admit it doesn't always work :embarassed: Maybe a reason I'm still single?? :laugh:

I would agree with your assessment of gender definitions of "no makeup".
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Well, being an opera singer is not a strike. Quite the contrary. When I first moved to Prague (a long time ago), I had a small apartment about a 5 minute walk from the Statni Opera. I was there every month, usually by myself. I love the opera and actually - I swear I'm not joking - dated a Czech opera singer for a while. I later learned she was married. And, apparently, her husband knew about our relationship... I prefer my drama on the stage, so that ended that...

--P

I am curious now because to me no make up has a pretty simple definition...what it says,none.
    Do ladies take "no" to mean "little" or "not overly obvious"?

I also find I am not what most regard as a normal guy so maybe I have that all wrong too.
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Carl, a lot of men will think a woman has no makeup on when she actually does. My definition of no makeup is just that -- no makeup. However, a man could think I'm not wearing makeup when I'm just wearing a light foundation or something.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be too cynical but from some of my observations, some guys will think you're not wearing makeup just because it's not obvious. There's truth to the joke about taking x amount of time trying to look like you're not wearing any.

My "no makeup" look is a tinted moisturizer, powder, mascara and gloss. It's low maintenance but put on with purpose. I'll go without, no qualms about it but I do look better with a little help ;)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Three seconds before we fall asleep you mean then. :smile:

J/K:laugh:

you wouldnt want to sleep for one second with me around Carl! :wink: :smokin:
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    All this talk of makeup is making me need some retail therapy. So hitting up Sephora later.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options
    All this talk of makeup is making me need some retail therapy. So hitting up Sephora later.

Ahh! Yes :) Sephora is my happy place.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Yes, very good point...