How was your weekend?

Options
2»

Replies

• NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My weekend, quite frankly, sucked :grumble: My plans to go tubing fell through so I had nothing to do Saturday. Started working on alternate plans, all of which fell through. Tried to console myself with a cupcake at my favorite cupcake store.... got there and they were ALL out of cupcakes... WTH? A Cupcake store out of CUPCAKES?! Just couldn't win!

Sunday was nice. Got a ton done around the house and went to dinner at Ruth's Chris for the last day of Restaurant week. Only made me miss the POF jerk because we had plans for that and cancelled them... I miss having someone ask about my day! I couldn't trust him for anything, but that part was nice....

Oh well, started out Monday crazy busy at work so at least there is little time to think about it or thankfully, no time to DO anything about it.

And now I'm bummed that Roadie's taken :brokenheart: Just kidding,dude, I'm happy for you, but you DO need to stick around here. It's good to know that online dating can work for SOMEONE, and I need your smark remarks to laugh a little!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Also, had a talk with the girl I've been seeing and apparently we are exclusive now, so sorry ladies. Am I still allowed to post here?

I would say yes. Technically, you're still single in the legal sense. Just sayin'. :laugh:
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My weekend was wonderful. I have been talking to a guy off POF for 3 weeks now everyday. He has a so many of the qualities I have been searching for and had given up on finding. He lives 78 miles from me. Because of his work schedule I drove to his town to meet him. I was so nervous and when I arrived I texted him to let me know I was there. I had to go up to the door. I think he was trying to see how I was reacting and if I looked like my picture. When he opened the door it felt as if the elephant that was sitting on my chest jumped off. He is adorable. He took me out for lunch after giving me flowers. Kept me laughing and smiling like a Cheshire cat. Our plans changed because of the excessive heat so we just hung out, talked, and played with his cat. I love to cook so he got the ingrediants and I made him the dinner of his choice. He can't cook to save his life. So when he went back for seconds it made my whole day. Plus he was eating left overs last night for dinner saying he nearly finished them. :) This was a good start. I look forward to seeing him this weekend when we go out again.

21842360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    My weekend, quite frankly, sucked :grumble: My plans to go tubing fell through so I had nothing to do Saturday. Started working on alternate plans, all of which fell through. Tried to console myself with a cupcake at my favorite cupcake store.... got there and they were ALL out of cupcakes... WTH? A Cupcake store out of CUPCAKES?! Just couldn't win!

Sunday was nice. Got a ton done around the house and went to dinner at Ruth's Chris for the last day of Restaurant week. Only made me miss the POF jerk because we had plans for that and cancelled them... I miss having someone ask about my day! I couldn't trust him for anything, but that part was nice....

Oh well, started out Monday crazy busy at work so at least there is little time to think about it or thankfully, no time to DO anything about it.

And now I'm bummed that Roadie's taken :brokenheart: Just kidding,dude, I'm happy for you, but you DO need to stick around here. It's good to know that online dating can work for SOMEONE, and I need your smark remarks to laugh a little!
    So...how was your day?

Actually we didn't meet online (I know, crazy, right?), well sort of but not really. It wasn't a dating site or anything, it was more of a friends of friends situation. Long story. We went to high school and college together actually but didn't know each other back then.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    So...how was your day?

Actually we didn't meet online (I know, crazy, right?), well sort of but not really. It wasn't a dating site or anything, it was more of a friends of friends situation. Long story. We went to high school and college together actually but didn't know each other back then.

Haha, my last few days have been less than desirable, haha... and yes, I have a crappy attitude today! I need a beer but will settle for an hour at the gym to work away my frustration.

But it's cool you met someone that way... and more in line with what I think we've all been saying. Meeting people through people is better. Online dating is tough to yield results, and you of all people know that as much time, energy, and effort as you've put in!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Sounds like most everyone had a nice weekend!

Gratz to you, Roadie! At least we know she has a good man and you'll treat her right. :smile:

Sounds like you had a great weekend, Diana. I know people will tell you not to rush into anything, but I'm all for doing what your heart tells you is right. If you feel he's different, then go for it! You'll know if it's effortless to be happy around him.

Dark, sorry you got dumped. Don't worry, someone better is out there. :flowerforyou:

NC, I am appalled at your cupcake store and I think you should find a new one! I hope you had a good day. :smile:

My weekend was normal. Spent the weekend at Steve's, and it was nice because I didn't see him all last week. We did the same thing--cooked, fished, drank beer, hung out with our doggies. We had a really good day of fishing yesterday! Although when we went to bed Saturday night, I let the alcohol get ahold of my girly emotions and I kind of cried a little bit. He didn't know because he was already asleep, but my sniffles woke him up I guess and he asked if I was crying. I said no, just allergies, lol. Stupid alcohol--makes you think of things that you don't wanna think about, like him possibly moving away at the end of November. :\

But I'm trying not to think about it. Because this weekend football season officially starts with the Hall of Fame game!!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Let see friday night I had a blast with my sis and some friends. Power plant showed up so that made it all the more fun.. That guy is so on my wavelength when it comes to sarcasm and such.... He is the new FWB but I wont change his nickname so as not to confuse lol....
    Former FWB and I decided to go back to just being friends ,,well I decided that but I think he firgured it out lol...

Saturday went to a house party that one of my co-workers threw and man did we get down lol.. Met the guy she wanted to introduce me to ...hes hot..and been texting me like crazy ever since. Think he might come to the bar tonight .

Last night stayed home and marathon TV with my sister after a hard day of back to school shopping....

Today getting my hair cut dyed and blow dried yay... then hitting the bar for my friends biethday party/ going away party for another friend... like I said the new guy might be coming... hmm may have to think of a nick name for him to lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I just got back from an amazing weekend. It had nothing to do with being single or dating.
    On friday I flew to Indy and met up with some of my good friends (engaged couple) that drove down from MI. They didn't get into late so we just sat up and talked for awhile.

On Saturday we play tourist around Indy. We had an amazing time. First we went to a brew pub for lunch because one of his family friends works there and it was a nice little area of town so we wander around it for awhile. Then we headed down to White River State Park and did the paddle boats. That was a work out. We wander around for awhile and then ended the day with a minor league baseball game.

Sunday we went to the Nascar race. We made the mistake and parked on the wrong side of the track. We walked around the track and went to a tweet up with other nascar fans from twitter. Meet a couple of the drivers, again. The race as always is the most boring part of going to the races. They had concerts going on for a couple hours before the race started. We finished the day relaxing in the hotel hottub.

Congrats to Roadie.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I had a fantastic weekend!!! Friday night was with my usual group of friends, and Saturday night went to a bonfire/cookout with some friends at the beach. It was raining pretty badly -- my friend and I had to hold his rain jacket over the fire pit so our other friend could get the fire started! Needless to say, we were the only ones at the beach :laugh: It was an absolute blast though!!! Sunday, spent mostly with my cousin and her family (visiting from Ohio). We played a lot of Apples to Apples lol.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Friday I hung out with an ex of mine after my Zumba class. [..]. Somehow we agreed (with the presence of alcohol) to do a double date.

So, why is he an ex?? And how do you feel about trying again??
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Well I was freaking out because the girl I was dating was talking about me meeting her daughter and getting more serious on Monday and by Wednesday night she decided she was too busy to be in a commited relationship and that I really deserved more than she could give.:ohwell: :huh:

ERmmm :huh: Crazy woman?? Are you upset??
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    We had an opening night olympic party and I got drunk till 7am!! :drinker:

Saturday - recovery & olympics

Sun - Olympics

:bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    but my sniffles woke him up I guess and he asked if I was crying. I said no, just allergies, lol. Stupid alcohol--makes you think of things that you don't wanna think about, like him possibly moving away at the end of November. :\

But I'm trying not to think about it. Because this weekend football season officially starts with the Hall of Fame game!!!

Awwww niece!! :flowerforyou:

Where would he move to? And cant you go with him? :noway:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Let see friday night I had a blast with my sis and some friends. Power plant showed up so that made it all the more fun.. That guy is so on my wavelength when it comes to sarcasm and such.... He is the new FWB but I wont change his nickname so as not to confuse lol....
    Former FWB and I decided to go back to just being friends ,,well I decided that but I think he firgured it out lol...

So Jen, why has Power plant become a FWB and not a date/bf???
  • Ihiso7
    Ihiso7 Posts: 13
    Options
    :angry: :mad: :grumble: :grumble: :huh:

This is how my weekend went too.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

So Jen, why has Power plant become a FWB and not a date/bf???

Cause this is the guy whose heart I accidentally broke the last time we were FWB before my last boyfriend.. Niether of us has made any mention of dating and really his scheduale with work and everything would make it difficult for him to date. Not that I'm ruling out the potential of dating him I just dont think that is what he is looking for right now...

As for the inquires I've received regarding former FWB we are still friends but I decided to break it off because he was becoming to dependent on me to be there for him all the time. Plus he is really into this girl and I hoped by pushing him out (so to speak) it would help him with this female...
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Friday I hung out with an ex of mine after my Zumba class. [..]. Somehow we agreed (with the presence of alcohol) to do a double date.

So, why is he an ex?? And how do you feel about trying again??

He's an ex because he's a mama's boy and I couldn't handle dating him AND his mama.
    I'm not even 100% sure we are "trying again" because he was pretty sloshed we we all decided to do this double date. I may see him tonight at his friend's gig so we'll see what happens.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Well I was freaking out because the girl I was dating was talking about me meeting her daughter and getting more serious on Monday and by Wednesday night she decided she was too busy to be in a commited relationship and that I really deserved more than she could give.:ohwell: :huh:

ERmmm :huh: Crazy woman?? Are you upset??

I am a little disappointed. Mainly with myself though. I sort of saw it coming and in retrospect it was obvious she wasn't ready to date anyone seriously.