New and Confused: Net calories or Total calories?

Options
firstsip
firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
So! I am anxious to start JUDDDing. On the DD, is a 500 calorie goal the total number of calories you consume, or for net calories?

So for instance, if I burn 200 calories from exercise, should I eat ONLY 500 calories that day, or 700 calories, to make up for exercised?

I'm looking all over the web for this info, but this seems like a good place to ask.

Replies

• nicole9008
    nicole9008 Posts: 23
    Options
    According to the Dr who created it its total calories in ordrr to turn on the skinny gene. But people gone a little over and still been successful. I find my most success is with keeping it under five hundred total
  • DryHeet
    DryHeet Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome,

Have you visited Dr Johnson's website? There's a calculator to help you determine your UD and DD calories and it asks for how much you exercise as part of the calculation. He also advises that you should try to do a 2 week induction where you keep the DDs at 500 calories - as nicole9008 said, this activates the SIRT1 gene. After the induction, you can consider increasing the DD calories, but many people don't need to increase. Here's the link to the website, in case you haven't found it yet
    http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html

Good luck!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!