W9D3, no freakin' way!

Options
tinkermommc
tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
I'm done! I graduated! I did it! I ran 3.5 miles in 40(with the walk time)!

Quick recap.

Wk 1. No way I can do this, followed by I hurt to much to do this.
Wk 2. I don't hurt as much, I can do this.
Wk 3. I can't do this, I'll repeat a day.
Wk 4. I can do this, why did I repeat a day?
Wk 5. Oops I went straight to day 2, do I do day 3 or go back to day 1? pushed ahead to d3.
Wk 6. The intervals are harder than running straight!
Wk 7. I'm running!!
Wk 8. I can run 30 minutes!!
Wk 9. I can run 5k in 30 minutes!! I want to keep running!!

I ran in 90 degree temps, humidity, rain, daytime, morning, night, holidays, while on vacation, after pilates class, during TOM, through being sick on antibiotics, while paying a babysitter to watch the kids so I could run. No excuses! Some weeks I did change my rest days but I got 3 runs in every week! If I did it, you can too!!

What I learned...go to the bathroom before you run, drink lots of water, rockstar recovery has electrolytes and energy for 20 calories, wear a visor or hat for sun AND for rain, Pandora is good if you make an Eye of the Tiger station, shoes are important, stretching before and after is even more important and if I set my mind to it I CAN do it!!

Replies

• AndreaPool
    AndreaPool Posts: 45
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!!!
    Very inspiring! :)
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!! I should be in a similar situation in a little over 2 weeks (W7D2 tomorrow).
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a feat!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Awesome job and way to go!!!

I love running too! It's so easy to catch the bug.

What do you plan on doing next?
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an awesome achievement....can't wait to get there...I will be starting W8D1 sometime this week so hopefully will be there soon.
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's really amazing. I can't wait until I can say that I've finished the program too!
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Congratluations. What a fantastic effort. It is so amazing when you look back to see where you started from and how strong your body has become.
  • tinkermommc
    Options
    Thanks all! I decided I'm not ready to be done yet so I found a 10k app. 6 more weeks for me :-)
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. Congratulations!!!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, you are an inspiration!

I'm 20 years older than you and currently weight 232...both of those facts are strikes against me.

But I'm in the middle of Week 4 and haven't even entertained a thought of giving up.

Over the course of the 9 weeks how much weight loss would you attribute to doing the C25K?
  • Hellevangelist
    Options
    Thanks all! I decided I'm not ready to be done yet so I found a 10k app. 6 more weeks for me :-)

Which app did you find? The ones I see all seem to include the 5K, but I want one that is a 5k to a 10K .... is that what you have?
  • tinkermommc
    Options
    I got one that includes the 5K and then skipped to the spot I'm at, so I'm doing week 9 of 14 :-)
  • Hellevangelist
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks! :happy: