Fiiiinally stepped on the scale this morning...

Options
bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
Hi all! This is the start of week 8 of reset. I haven't weighed myself since starting in June, at which point I weighed 154 pounds. I have eaten at full TDEE (or over, in a few binges) since then. I've been eating at the 5-6 hour of strenuous activity level, doing 5 65-minute cardio workouts a week.

I'm currently out of town and visiting family, so gym time is going to much less (if at all). I also ran a 7 mile race on Saturday and am ungodly sore from it. A lot of people say using the last week of reset as a complete break, including from exercise, is the way to go, so I think I might jump on that bandwagon ;)

ANYWAYS! I am switching up my workout routine when I get home (switching to NROLFW/less cardio) so I'll be dropping to moderate activity, so I had planned to go down to my moderate TDEE, eat at full TDEE for a couple weeks, then cut from there. But in order to do that I had to weigh myself - because not working out for a week (if I actually make it that long)/still eating TDEE might give an inaccurate number on the scale, and I want to try to use my 'right' numbers.

So... with heart pounding, hands clammy (I wish I was kidding) I got down to my underwear, took a deep breath, and stepped on the scale this morning. I had wanted to weigh myself July 1 but decided I wasn't mentally ready to see a high number. I have felt huge since starting to eat more and was convinced it was going to say something in the 160s. I do have to admit, it's my parent's scale, it's 15 years old and not digital (it has little hash marks, with big marks at 140, 160, etc, then little marks inbetween), but it's always been consistent with my scale at home in the past (including last time I was here, which was in May). So I took another deep breath and opened my eyes and...

IT WAS HOVERING RIGHT AT THE 154 LINE.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...can it be? Can it be that I ate at TDEE (maintenance, an unbelievable 2655 calories a day) for seven weeks and I MAINTAINED?!?

of course, I'll have to see what the scale at home says when I get back next weekend, but oh my goodness.

...the only bad thing about this is that now since it seems my TDEE is accurate for my *current* exercise regime (excessive cardio) it's going to be even HARDER to STOP the excessive cardio to start NROLFW, because what if I don't pick the right activity level for it and I get all screwed up? .... however.... getting on the scale and still seeing 154 was pretty amazing. I wanted to cut cals so bad right around week 5 and I am so thankful I stuck with it - I just hope I can get away from the cardio queen status and start lifting and tone up :)

Replies

• zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful!!! Congrats!!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    HAH! THat is a great update!!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    that's great! so just think...when you cut....you get to cut FROM YOUR TDEE!
  • bethad5
    Options
    that's great! so just think...when you cut....you get to cut FROM YOUR TDEE!

I know!! I'm so excited! Except I just came to this lightbulb moment that excessive cardio is doing nothing for me - so I plan to switch to NROLFW/shorter cardio sessions. but now I'm worried to do that, because I know my TDEE is right with this exercise regime (the excessive cardio)... so what if I start NROLFW and overestimate my new activity level and end up gaining...?

gotta admit though, i 100% expected to cry on the scale today but for the exact opposite reason!! still a good day in my book :)
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love that update!!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. I'm so pleased for you.

I guess your change of workout COULD change your numbers but why not stick at the active level you're at now and see how it goes? Up to now you've had to eat to feed the cardio sessions. You're still going to have to feed the weight lifting. Even if your time decreases a little you'll still be working hard. Worth trying for 3 or 4 weeks?
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic I'm sure you'll continue to do good with less cardio, you'll become leaner too.

It's great to hear real life stories of how it works. Gives us newbies real hope & confidence although I'm still nowhere near my cut yet I am still trying
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Yay. Wonderful result!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAY!!!! Really, really GREAT news!!!

and to celebrate YOU:
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    excellent work!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Awesome story!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Sounds like you did it right!! Congrats!
  • bethad5
    Options
    now I'm worried that the 154 I saw yesterday wasn't accurate - I ran 7 miles on Saturday and haven't worked out since, but did have a pretty sodium-heavy meal Sunday night (Noodles & Co). And then saw 154 on the scale yesterday morning... this is my last week of reset, but I'm going to try to take a workout break... I weighed myself yesterday in case not working out all week skews my weigh-in I had planned for next Sunday.

I did this same thing when I started fitting into smaller clothes - I was convinced the stores made the sizing bigger, because it couldn't be possible I'd fit in smaller sizes. why can't I just see the 154 and be happy about it instead of overanalyzing??
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    why can't I just see the 154 and be happy about it instead of overanalyzing??

Take a deep breath and smile. The scale is going to fluctuate a couple pounds in either direction all the damned time - as a woman there isn't much you can do to change that. You just ate the way your body has wanted you to for a long time, and for all intents and purposes, didn't gain a pound. Now it's time to start a new phase of your life where you get healthier, stronger and don't starve yourself while doing it.

You made it through the mental rigors of upping calories for 2 whole months, so stop over-analyzing all the small stuff now. That part of the journey is over ;)