Past success with Walk Away the Pounds..?

Options
PeekABooGirl
PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
For those of you who have used WAP before, can you share what your success has been? What type of results did you see (weight, inches?). How long before you started seeing results?

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I don't use her DVDs exclusively, so I can't really answer your question, but I do like her well enough to continue to use them (other videos are annoying and/or boring, and I don't feel that way about hers). I use them when I need to exercise but can't get to the gym or outside (too hot/cold/windy, etc.). They are a great indoor alternative to other forms of exercise.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started using these workouts in feb and i was at 256 lbs now i am at 227.4 thanks to leslie sansone and her workouts i do the five mile walk or i will walk two or three miles. I dont do it everyday but i aim for at least 3 days out of the week. I also have sciatica and i dont have any pain anymore from it so i have found these workouts to be very beneficial
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I havent used her DVDs yet but I have lost 28lb due to walking alone.
  • JessePaige90
    JessePaige90 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did the four mile workout faithfully and lost like 15 pounds in less than two months back in 2010
  • Auy_Wil
    Auy_Wil Posts: 8
    Options
    I used Leslie Sansome's 3 Mile Walk regularly a few years ago. I used it 5 days a week, and I began to notice a difference in the way my clothes fit within 2 weeks. I did lose weight while working out to the dvd, but I really noticed the inches even more.

I could not complete all three miles when I began using the dvd, so don't worry if the workout seems tougher than you thought it would. I decided to try to move up a mile a week, and then if I felt that I could I would move up faster.

While I was using the dvd workout regulary, I felt great! After awhile I slacked off, began making excuses about being busy, and eventually stopped walking. I want to jump back into working out with Leslie Sansome, and I know that I'll be much better at sticking to the program with all of you holding me accountable. I'm a little older now, so I know that the inches may come off a little more slowly than they did last time. Slow is better than not at all though. :wink:

Looking forward to walking with all of you! I'm new to Fitness Pal, and would love to be friends with anyone who is seeking Fitness Pal Friends.

Auy_Wil
  • Auy_Wil
    Options
    I started using these workouts in feb and i was at 256 lbs now i am at 227.4 thanks to leslie sansone and her workouts i do the five mile walk or i will walk two or three miles. I dont do it everyday but i aim for at least 3 days out of the week. I also have sciatica and i dont have any pain anymore from it so i have found these workouts to be very beneficial

Wow! You have done really well in your weight loss journey! Congratulations! Don't you just love how encouraging Leslie is as she leads the walks!!!!!
  • Auy_Wil
    Options
    It seems to alleviate my aches and pains as well. I also love the way Leslie's bubbly attitude brightens my mood! Great job on the 6 pounds loss!!!!!
  • freshairjunky
    Options
    Leslie's workouts are amazing! I have maybe 5 different ones that I switch back and forth between to keep it fresh. I used the program consistently a few years ago and lost 25 lbs in about 6 months and unfortunately life happened between then and now so I'm trying to do it again!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hjge67
    hjge67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also use them as an addition to my exercise routine. I am so impressed by all the successes people are having I am thinking that I should do the WAP DVDs more often!
  • suegil314
    suegil314 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know of 2 women who have lost 30-50lbs and it started with Leslie Sansone DVDs. What I love is I have no excuse NOT to do the DVDs like it's too hot, rainy, too late to walk, etc. I don't have to leave the house to walk! You can have dinner cooking and working out at the same time. I just received some new ones that I ordered from Ebay. I was like a kid waiting for the mail, I've never been excited about exercise DVDs, lol. I'll post which ones I like.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have used her DVD's off and on. I started off at 290 using her videos and water aerobics. I dropped down to 275 in just a couple months and started walking outside. Just a month and a half ago I completed my first 5 K. I still use her videos for a quick walk when it's so hot out and I don't have time to drive across town to go to the gym. I did the 2 mile walk today to get a quickie workout in.
  • mariafh0709
    mariafh0709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 4 of her videos and use them in rotation with a recumbant bike on the other days. Most of the videos have some arm exercise with it either weights, the round balls, or the stretch band waist thing. I like them because they are easy to follow and it is a good level for me. I regularly do the 3 mile program now. It has gotten me in better physical shape and has helped me lose weight on my diet program.
  • carter1092
    carter1092 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I gained weight at 15, I remember I did the WATP 1 mile beginner walk posted on Youtube (once everyday). I did that for about two weeks and lost five pounds!

Now I recently bought two Leslie DVD's from Amazon ("Ultimate Collection" and "Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan") and by god, am I gonna be serious about these workouts :I

I started the the 1 mile yesterday and just finished doing the 2 mile walk with that stretchie band today. It was an EXTREME workout! For now I'm sticking to the 1 and 2 mile until my body can take the 3 and 4 mile lol.
  • flybyrd76
    Options
    Last year I started doing WATP and at first I wasn't seeing a weight loss but my energy level improved. By my third week of exercising I realized that I should be walking at least four times per week. After walking four times per week (some days I would use 4 Mile Express) I started to see a weight loss. I began losing 1-1.5 pounds per week. Then I began college online and gained the pounds I'd lost plus two of their friends. :sick: When spring term came around I was so done with not exercising and eating bad that I took a nutrition and women's health classes. I got in gear and started exercising. For me to see results I have to workout 3 times per week at 60 minutes or 4 times per week at 35 minutes. Thanks to my best friend, she let me know about the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. It has improved my mobility and enabled me to complete the longer Leslie Sansone dvds. I've lost a total of 13 pounds this year. I have mixed it up a bit but the foundation of my exercise plan has been the walk-fit dvds.