Burn Ban Suggestions

Options
superpapa16
superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
I'm going on a 2 night camping trip in a couple of weeks and it is beginning to appear like the local burn ban there will not be lifted before our trip. I've called the state park and we will not be able to use fire of any kind. No campfire, gas, or charcoal grills. Electric grills are allowed, but I really don't want to have to buy such an odd grill for this one trip.

Does any one have an experience camping during a burn ban? I am mostly concerned about meals. I'm thinking lots of fruit, veggies, protein shakes, and peanut butter. I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Replies

• RoyBoling
    RoyBoling Posts: 54
    Options
    We have camped in high heat and chose to pack cold foods like pre-packaged chinese chicken salads, salsa and chips, cheeses, salami or other dry meats. You could pre-cook pasta or biscuits, pancakes, hard- boiled eggs and warm them in a solar oven (there are plans online or can purchase cheaply). There are also activated charcoal heaters that come in MREs. Hope this helps.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Coolers with lots of ice....
    -different salads,
    - sandwich stuff,
    - if you don't care about eating canned food cold, you could do that. I've been in camping situations where I've eaten alphaghetties and stuff straight out of the can not heated.
    - Fruits
    -Cheese and crackers are filling for snacks
    - Smoked meats
    - Peanut butter and jelly
    -Milk and cereal for breakfast

My suggestion is to take a walk through the grocery store....You will come up with tons of ideas that you wouldn't normally think of off the top of your head!

Good luck and have a great time!