What I wish I had known then..

Options
For people who are experience, what is your process through bulking and cutting? Post tips you have learned, work outs and routines you like, and other things like what kind of shakes do you take. Anything you wish you could have told yourself when you first started bulking or cutting.

Replies

• fhsjewfro
    fhsjewfro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i had my first real cut my first semester of college, it was the first time in my life i had complete control of my diet and i had to make the most of it

my workouts were focused on intensity and i loved it, but i was only eating 2000 cals on workout days and like 1700 cals on off days. That was a HUGE mistake, i lost most of the little muscle i had, but of course i did lose fat too

now my workouts are still focused on intensity but i eat 2500 cals on gym days and closer to 2200 on off days, this allows a much healthier calorie deficit and i seem to be retaining muscle mass quite well while losing weight in a healthy manner

also CARB CYCLING is an amazing thing and if you are serious about retaining muscle you should definitely look into this
  • ca33333333
    Options
    I was distance running at a huge caloric deficit. I lost a quick 30lbs of weight but a lot of it was lean body mass and I still have more fat to cut. That is what woke me up to start Bulking/Cutting and learning about nutrition. I wish I would have started a food diary like Myfitness Pal years ago.

I wish I had known how to:

"Optimize that exercise through the power of informed consumption! "