Introduce Yourself...

Options
My name is Charlene, i'm 21 and ready to shift this weight once and for all.
I've tried the shred before but only got to day 10 but i saw great results in them 10 days and lost 6lbs.

Replies

• quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    HI
    My name is Jo, I started 30 day shred on friday, so i've done 30ds friday & saturday, sunday i did 40 mins cardio (shadow boxing) and back on 30ds last night and tonight... it hurt so much the 1st time but last nightfelt much easier, still felt sick when i was finished though! :-)
    I am trying to drop 14lbs b4 the kids go back to school in september, also i want to tone up all over and years of ignoring myself have started to show! :blushing:
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am on day 4 of level 2 of the 30 day shred. I liked it so much that I am now doing ripped in 30 too, so that gives me 60 minutes of circuit training each day. I am committed to do it everyday for the remaining days. I have to admit that it is not an easy workout to do. I wake up at 6 am to do the workout, sometimes I feel like going back to bed, but then I think about all the success stories in MFP from people who have done 30 DS which keeps me motivated.

I am 5,2', weigh 133lb, my goal weight is 120- 125lb. I havent seen any change in my weight but I have seen reduction in inches in my body..

I am excited to be a part of this group where we all are sailing in the same boat.

Goodluck everyone, we will do it.. for once and for ever..

Zana..
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    Great attitude :)

I know the results on MFP is amazing, that's one of the things that keep me motivated too. How are you finding level 2?
  • quietattheback
    Options
    moved to the questions bit...
  • Ladysliverkin
    Ladysliverkin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My Name is Amanda
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Im Tia. This is my first time attempting the 30 Day Shred. I started 2 weeks ago but am only on Level one Day 8. Hoping to kick my workouts up a notch so It wont take me forever to complete the 30 days. I lost 4 lbs in my first 6 days (mind you I didnt do it on consecutive days). So I am really impressed with the program. I have been stuck at the same weight for the last 2 weeks,. but thats because I have been slacking off, also I had a mini vacay thrown in the middle of those 2 weeks. I have lost a few inches, though I have been at the same weight after the initial 4lb loss. Good luck everyone!!! :smile:
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! First, thanks for starting this group Charlene. I just finished level1 day2 so your timing is great.
    My name is Laura and my current weight is 175, 5'6. I am 46 years old. After four abdominal surgeries, my body has taken a beating!! I guess I don't really have a weight goal...I am committed to eating better and working out more. I believe if I can do that, the weight will take care of itself. I have had "measuring tape" on my grocery list for a week now...gotta pick that up TODAY!!! Looking forward to watching the numbers go down for us all!!
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm new and this is my first challenge on the site although I joined mfjsome time ago and have been logging food and exercise using my ipad. Last week invested in a fitbit ultra, the Gilliam Michaels book and the dvds.I have dragged out my heart rate monitor and even changed the battery- that is dedication. Since 2006 I have lost 66lbs following the body for life plan. I put the weight on in 2002 following cancer and its treatment- was never overweight before. I have no before photos only head shots but I'll keep on looking in case I've missed some! By 2009 I had lost most of the weight and since then very, very, very have slowly pushed my weight down by 10lbs, but gradually it reduces and by the age of 100 I may reach goal. I still have a further 14lbs to go but more importantly need to shape up. Huge tummy and rib fat with love handles which make jeans impossible to wear. I tire very easily as I have no thyroid function and am a borderline type 2 diabetic. I hold the sugar demon at bay most of the time. My love is spinning and body pump. I want my body back into shape........

Folks I lack motivation to finish the job! But will be doing the August challenge in 2012. Reading all your super success stories and they have lifted my spirits.

To-morrow starts at midnight!

Jasmin
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm Cheryl, I'm 29.

This is my first attempt at 30DS so very excited especially having looked at all the various results threads which pop up on the forums here.

I am presently 184lbs with 35.5" waist. My goal from 30DS is to lose as many inches as possible from my waist and to get back into the grey jeans of doom!!! wish me luck!

ETA - I am 5ft9"
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Welcome, i'm so surprised how many people have joined - Thank you (I truly didn't expect it)

The first few days will be tough and your body will be sore the only advice i have learnt is to carry on and add some extra stretching exercises in as Jillian doesn't do enough.
  • luce0266
    luce0266 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Up until about 20 minutes ago I had never heard of the 30 day shred, after a bit of online research and the discovery that I can watch the video online (we have a tv with internet connection) I REALLY want to give this a go.

August is set to be a big month for me fitness and weight wise, and the 30 day shred looks like a great weapon to add.

Thank you for introducing me to this programme and I am wishing you all the very best of luck.... I am really looking fwd to posting pictures on here and seeing the difference will power, determination and focus can achieve :)
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Up until about 20 minutes ago I had never heard of the 30 day shred, after a bit of online research and the discovery that I can watch the video online (we have a tv with internet connection) I REALLY want to give this a go.

August is set to be a big month for me fitness and weight wise, and the 30 day shred looks like a great weapon to add.

Thank you for introducing me to this programme and I am wishing you all the very best of luck.... I am really looking fwd to posting pictures on here and seeing the difference will power, determination and focus can achieve :)

welcome, Yes im looking forward to seeing all the results. I can feel August is going to be a good month for a lot of people. I'm sure there will be a lot of lbs & inches flying off :)
  • skyshadowsed
    Options
    Hi I'm Edna! My goal is to look and FEEL healthy before my 21st birthday.
    My birthday is on Sept. 6 and i hope i make working out part of my daily life.
    I'll be doing 30DS, i just recently joined this site and really need some motivation so feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on!
  • supermomtoo4
    supermomtoo4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laura. I just joined this site and group today. I'm looking to get back in shape. After having 4 kids, some with special needs, and running my own business, I'm crazy busy and I have let myself go. My weight has been slowly creeping upwards. I'm looking to loose 20 lbs, but mostly I would like to feel fit again. I feel like my energy is gone with the extra weight on.

I've been doing the 30 day shred on and off for the last few weeks. I usually get it in about 3 times a week. I also cut out my daily mocha and most sodas. Now I only have a soda a couple times a week. I've only lost one pound so far and no inches so I'm going to try to fit in the workout everyday from now on.

So I guess today is my day 2. Wish me luck!
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great attitude :)

I know the results on MFP is amazing, that's one of the things that keep me motivated too. How are you finding level 2?

Level 2 is definiely a lil bit harder than level 1 but I am getting used to it easily , as i have built stamina from the previous workout. I started level 1 with the modified version, but for level I jumped straight into the advanced version...
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    We can do this!

Well done @supermomtoo4 for giving up your daily mocha and sodas - WTG!!!

From what i've read on here you lose more inches than weight, but im very happy with that. The scales is just a number but my body actually shrinking awesome :)
  • quietattheback
    Options
    We can do this!

Well done @supermomtoo4 for giving up your daily mocha and sodas - WTG!!!

From what i've read on here you lose more inches than weight, but im very happy with that. The scales is just a number but my body actually shrinking awesome :)
    maybe because it builds strength/muscle?? i'd be very happy to gain a bit of definition :happy:
  • supermomtoo4
    supermomtoo4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks Charlene. I agree losing inches is fine by me.
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just about now losing the fat over my little toe would be great. Anything :devil:
    Jasmin
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    Hi
    I am on day 4 of level 2 of the 30 day shred. I liked it so much that I am now doing ripped in 30 too, so that gives me 60 minutes of circuit training each day. I am committed to do it everyday for the remaining days. I have to admit that it is not an easy workout to do. I wake up at 6 am to do the workout, sometimes I feel like going back to bed, but then I think about all the success stories in MFP from people who have done 30 DS which keeps me motivated.

I am 5,2', weigh 133lb, my goal weight is 120- 125lb. I havent seen any change in my weight but I have seen reduction in inches in my body..

I am excited to be a part of this group where we all are sailing in the same boat.

Goodluck everyone, we will do it.. for once and for ever..

Zana..

Hi Zana, so is Ripped in 30 a 40 minute workout?