Move on or repeat?

Options
RachelsReboot
RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
Today will be day 8 of level one for me and I am starting to wonder if I should repeat level 1 or move on...

Why repeat?
I can't do real jumping jacks or butt kicks because my right knee just isn't responding well (plus being a 38DDD, just not working out)
I am still doing girl pushups
I feel weak, I am struggling to hold up 3lb hand weights at the end

on the other hand

Why move on
I get through the whole thing
I do modified jumping jacks and butt kicks (I know she says there is no such thing but I have another video fav of mine that shows modified specifically for knee or ankle injured)
I don't want to feel like a failure

Replies

• 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, Likewise I am Level 1, day 8 and having doubts that I will be fit to manage Level 2 in just over 48hours.

I can complete the session but legs really aching again today despite longer stretch outs (hopefully because I did the exercises better!)
    I hate butt kicks, only manage to get my feet up behind me if I jog around the house doing them, cannot do them standing on the spot!
    I am a liteweight, havent even progressed to 2lbs weights!

Have resisted the temptation to look at next level before actually beginning it! I am considering giving level 2 a go on day 11 and if really cannot manage it will just stick with level 1. Any exercise is better than nothing I guess....!
  • mb8963
    mb8963 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about doing the modified moves or lower weights, it's more about getting through the entire workout without stopping. I'm on level 3 and still do modified push-ups.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about doing the modified moves or lower weights, it's more about getting through the entire workout without stopping. I'm on level 3 and still do modified push-ups.

Me too. I say move on when you are ready. I started doing 1 and 2 together on day 8 myself...
  • kellabella83
    Options
    I've been having the same thoughts. I did Level 1 for only 4 days and moved on to Level 2 without it being a problem. I've been doing Level 2 for 8 days now. I struggle with the plank exercises and I still can only do girly push ups. But everything else is fine. I wanted to see if I could handle Level 3 yesterday and I there were a few exercises I could barley do like the Superman! I dont understand how you do that, it's so hard!!! I got through it but didn't feel like I should move on. So Im going to stay with Level 2 until I feel Im a little stronger or I could least do a real push up.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same thoughts. I did Level 1 for only 4 days and moved on to Level 2 without it being a problem. I've been doing Level 2 for 8 days now. I struggle with the plank exercises and I still can only do girly push ups. But everything else is fine. I wanted to see if I could handle Level 3 yesterday and I there were a few exercises I could barley do like the Superman! I dont understand how you do that, it's so hard!!! I got through it but didn't feel like I should move on. So Im going to stay with Level 2 until I feel Im a little stronger or I could least do a real push up.

Superman wan't bad but OMG that one that you do with it where you go from hands to forarms about KILLS me. Lotsa jumping in 3 too!! Whew

17413056.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • iqbalkaurthin
    iqbalkaurthin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have fibromyalgia which means i am usually in pain but I am able to manage level 1. With level 2, its a different story, all those plank exercises, increased pain in my shoulders so bad that I had to stop all forms of upper body exercise for 2 weeks. I am sticking to level 1, till my shoulders gain enough strength to survive level 2. SO i guess the answer is, listen to your body. If you dont think you ar eready for next level yet, there is no harm in staying put at current level for a few more days