Personal Fitness Goal Reached!

Options
Shine73
Shine73 Posts: 13 Member
I reached my goal today of being able to do 10 real push-ups!
You know, the kind that are not "modified" by doing them on your knees? I still need to work on being able to go down closer to the mat when I do them. I followed them up with 10 modified push-ups.

What are your fitness goals?

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    great job with the push ups! I have a hard time doing those too! lol I walked for one hour today and stayed within my daily calories!
  • betsym3
    Options
    I rode my bike for 40 minutes on a trail today and walked for 15 minutes with my husband earning 400 calories that I didn't use. I stayed within my calorie range for the day.
  • Shine73
    Options
    That's great! keep up the good work!
  • shinysparkly
    Options
    Rock on Sunshine!! :)

This week was the first time I exercised in over 3 weeks. I had a family member pass away & I let that throw me and become my excuse for not taking care of myself. So right now my top fitness goal is to get back up to speed and distance on the elliptical and be able to do an hour without having to stop every 5 minutes. Or even during my lunch hour, to do a half hour without frequently stopping. I know it'll come back soon enough so I'm just trying to be patient and gentle with myself.
  • betsym3
    Options
    I didn't exercise Monday or Tuesday. I weighed in today and lost 1 lb. from last Wednesday though. 187 lbs down to 186 lbs. I'm going to log off and do a 30 minute Weight Watchers moderate level aerobic workout. It's a great DVD that I bought about 2008. I've got the routine down pat, and it helps me to keep in shape and drop those extra pounds.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Shine73
    Options
    Thanks, Val! I can totally understand getting off track by way of tragedy.
    That's great you're getting right back at it, though. Fight the good fight, because you know you're worth it. <3

Keep at it, Betsym3!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had a good week and lost 2 lbs this week for a total loss of 9 lbs since joining myfitnesspal. I have been exercising on most days and tracking my food, since posting last Wednesday. It was hot yesterday, but I rode my bicycle for 15 minutes anyway. I am off to do my 30 minute Weight Watchers moderate intensity aerobic workout, after I post here. It's my day off from work, so I have no excuse to not get some exercise in today.

Thanks for the encouragement Shine73!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had a another good week and lost 2.4 lbs this week for a total loss of 11 bs since joining myfitnesspal. I did a good job tracking this week eating healthy most of the time. I did a lot of walking this week, rode my bike some, and did my Weight Watchers aerobic workout.

Have a great week!
  • betsym3
    Options
    This week I didn't lose. I gained .4 of a lb. I went to a 60th Wedding Aniversay party for my Aunt & Uncle this past weekend, then I got off track for a few days. Wednesday my husband and I both rode our bikes for 1 1/2 hours on a trail for a round trip of approximately 8 miles.

Today I walked 60 minutes. I ate a few too many calories the past few days, but still not too bad.

I am getting back on track through. I really want to lose one pound per week for the next year, so that I'll be 50 pounds lighter next summer and will only be about 20 - 25 pounds from my goal weight.

Everyone have a great week!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had a good week this week. I'm down 1.4 lbs since last week. I've done exercise most days this week (walking, biking, and aerobics). I didn't do any yesterday, but when I got up this morning I had lost anyway. I've really tried to get back on track with my eating this week too. It wasn't perfect but I did pretty well

Hope you all have a good week!:happy:
  • Shine73
    Options
    Keep it up, Betsym! I am not sure why this group seems to be dropping off the face of the earth.

I had a lot on my plate from mid-April to the second week of August, so I lost a whole lot of time that should have been devoted to working out. I did keep up with at least 3 to 4 times a week, but it wasn't up to my usual goal of 5 to 6 times/week.

Working on getting back to it now. I have managed to lose about 4 or 5 lbs during that time, but it has not been so easy, that's for sure.
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hang in there Shine73. It sounds like you've been losing even though not at the rate you hoped for. I also noticed that not many people are posting. I'll post every week anyway. Hopefully, others will join us on this board!

I've had a bad week too and gained 1.4 lbs since last week

Weight on 8/29/12: 182.6

I had dinner with my husbands family, my anniversary on Monday, and went off with hubby yesterday. I'm on vacation and it shows. lol I promise myself I'll get back on track starting today!

Everyone have a good week!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I had a good weight loss week this week. I lost 1.6 pounds after gaining the past week.

Weight on 9/5/12: 181

Hopefully, other people start posting soon. It would be too bad to not stick to the one pound a week challenge. We can all do it together.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Shine73
    Options
    Hi Betsym! Keep up the good work, and don't fret over fluctuations.
    As long as you don't let a "bad" day or two turn into a bad week or few weeks, you'll be just fine!

I wish others were more active in this group, but I have to admit that I keep forgetting to check in. Hopefully people will come back and contribute.
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hi Shine73! Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't posted in a couple weeks, but I'm still losing. I weighed in at 179 this Wednesday, 9/19/12. I've lost 14 lbs so far.

I wish that other people would post too. Maybe, if we keep at it someone else will notice this message board and start posting too. Have a good week!