Any advice?

Options
kazzsjourney
kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
Hi I am curious if anyone has any ideas. I started EM2WL may 29....I initially ate at TDEE for 2 weeks (never really did VLCD and gained about 3 pounds then plateaud) Since mid june for the majority of that time i have eaten at TDEE - 15% (altho I did do one week at TDEE - 20% and i do realise consistency is the key) I am still the exact same weight as i was the last day of eating at TDEE. Ideally I would love to lose 20 pounds but due to the high amount of weight and amount of excess skin I have...its not overly important that I get down to that goal weight (altho to lose 5-10 pounds would be great). Whilst I get that I havent religiously stuck to the eating at TDEE-15% and get that I need consistency....I am perplexed that I havent lost anymore then when eating at TDEE when I am eating approx 400 cals less. My workouts involve 2-2.5 hours per week of running...the remaining 4 hours about 45 mins to 1 hour is cardio on xtrainer and then the rest is body pump classes (on average 2 x 45 mins classes and 1 x 60 min class) and 1 PT session of weights with my trainer which is a mix of pull ups, kettle bell work. trx, pushups with side planks etc. Anyway would the suggestion be I simply stay at the 2363 cals I am currently eating? My stats are female, 44, 198 pounds and exercising 6-7 hours per week. Just as a side note as well I had a dexa scan in april and my lean mass was 143 pounds and it was recommended i just need to lose 11-16 pounds of actual weight.

PS i am training for a 12km run so the runs cant be cut back :) I am suspecting the advice will be just to continue at TDEE - 15% but I figure you dont know if you dont ask! :)

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    My advice is to do a reset or at least eat at TDEE for a couple more weeks and then try cutting again but do a diet break every 4 weeks...especially because of how much you exercise.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think a diet break sounds like a good idea!
  • robcarter10
    robcarter10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started EM2WL around the same time as you. Have you done measurements during this time? I have read many posts where people say they lose inches without losing weight. As for me, I have not been that lucky. I hadn't seen any loses in weight or inches until the past two weeks when my body just suddenly started responding to what I had been doing. I had been in a plateau since March and it took this long. I honestly beleive that some peoples body's are just more stubborn when it comes to weight loss. I think that in your case a diet break may not be a bad idea. If your not losing anything right now, it won't it hurt to eat a little more for a few weeks. My main advice is to just be persistent and trust the process. Unless the calorie calulators underestimated how many calories your are buring at your activity level, it will work for you eventually.
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am trying this myself. I am "eating clean" for the next 3 weeks and see if that makes a difference. Is your 2300 calories "clean" low sugar, veggies, high protein?
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any pounds in about 4 months. However, I've gone from a size 12 to a size 8 and size L/XL shirts to size S/M shirts. I now wear a size 8.5 shoe vs a 9.5. My BF% has dropped about 4% and I can lift a ton more and run a lot further with a much slower heart rate. I am eating at a 10-15% defecit from TDEE and never really did VLCD.

Have you noticed changes anywhere else besides the scale? With working out so much I don't see many changes on the scale until I take a full rest week of no activity besides walking the dog.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    agree with a "break", but also taking less of a cut since you're so close to your goal. Take a look at this article:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Expert-Q-A/How-does-starvation-versus-eating-fewer-calories-affect-fat-loss.aspx
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have dropped a couple of centimetres of my waist....but I havent gone down in clothing size ... I prolly eat 80/20 (or higher) clean and reach my macros....as a general rule the only macros i go over are fats or protein....and i eat lots of good fats. It is a lil bit perplexing. Thanks for the suggestions and Plums i will check out that link :)