Goodbye July, Hello August

Options
Hey Sistas!!!!

How was July for you all! Did you accomplish any goals you set, major weight loss, NSVs, did you have a bad month,nor just mediocre... Let's share! No matter how it went, you're still here and its a new month! What are your goals for August???

Let's chat!

GO :-)

-Ebony

Replies

• nbrown1989
    nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well, I started my journey in July Lost 6.2lbs, I am beginning to like my workouts. Started JM 30 Day Shred. Started a blog and a vlog. NSV...I don't know of any right now. But I am excited about what I have done thus far
  • Kaw169
    Kaw169 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I did pretty good in July lost 12 lbs. hopefully August will be a good month!
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    Well, I started my journey in July Lost 6.2lbs, I am beginning to like my workouts. Started JM 30 Day Shred. Started a blog and a vlog. NSV...I don't know of any right now. But I am excited about what I have done thus far

Awesome!!! Great start on your journey! I also started a blog, but I've only done 1 video...I will hopefully do one this weekend! Keep it up!!!
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    Hey ladies! I did pretty good in July lost 12 lbs. hopefully August will be a good month!

Yeah Ms Kaw, you've been kicking butt!!! Way to go!!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Awesome!!! Great start on your journey! I also started a blog, but I've only done 1 video...I will hopefully do one this weekend! Keep it up!!!

Yes, you need to get on it BG! lol
  • Curvimami
    Options
    July was a slow month for me. I lost 4.5lbs instead of my intended 6, however I am glad it was a loss and not a gain. Kind of lost my focus getting ready for my trip and other life stressors. But I have high hopes for August and hope to reach my summer goal of 189 by August 31st.
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    July was so so for me...I was supposed to do the 30 D's challenge and that was a FAIL!!! I was also at a plateau for most of the month and that too was a FAIL! Lol but I did manage too keep up with my workouts and gradually starting to come out of my plateau so that makes me happy...I had several ppl at work telling me they can see some weight loss which was shocking, so maybe I'm losing just not on the scale?? Idk lol!
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    July wasn't so good for me. I stuck to my calories and excerised 4-5 a week.. I lost 1 lb.. Yayyy right??? Not!! Somewhere along the line I keep bouncing back and forth between a 2-3 lb increase.. So for the month of August I will be uping my calorie intake a little and increasing my walking distance!!

Im going at it harder this month!!
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had the greatest NSV in July. I walk three miles with my husband 2-3 a week, and invariably we encounter this group of kids driving around that moos at me. Yes, moos; as in making the sound of a cow in mockery of my big jiggly butt. I ignore them and try not to hate on them for their ignorant behavior, but sometimes I do. Words hurt. A lot. Anyway, last week we were out walking and of course those kids passed by us again -- but this time instead of a moo I heard "looking good, Mama!" and "way to go!" Wha?? I had to look twice to be sure it was the same car!

I have no idea what actually caused the change in them, but for right now I"m going to assume it was me and call it a victory :)
  • Kaw169
    Kaw169 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bama keep doing your water call outs it helps!
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    July wasn't so good for me. I stuck to my calories and excerised 4-5 a week.. I lost 1 lb.. Yayyy right??? Not!! Somewhere along the line I keep bouncing back and forth between a 2-3 lb increase.. So for the month of August I will be uping my calorie intake a little and increasing my walking distance!!

Im going at it harder this month!!

Wow...that sounds like me for the month of July! I increased my calorie intake last week to see if that helps me too
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    Bama keep doing your water call outs it helps!

Awww thanks!!!! I got you tomorrow! :-)
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey Bama!! Overall I think July was pretty good for me! I'm out of the 180's officially and went from a 14 to a 12! So I'm pretty excited about that and looking forward to August and making or even passing my monthly goal with the jingle bell challenge!!
  • RobinRenee83
    RobinRenee83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had the greatest NSV in July. I walk three miles with my husband 2-3 a week, and invariably we encounter this group of kids driving around that moos at me. Yes, moos; as in making the sound of a cow in mockery of my big jiggly butt. I ignore them and try not to hate on them for their ignorant behavior, but sometimes I do. Words hurt. A lot. Anyway, last week we were out walking and of course those kids passed by us again -- but this time instead of a moo I heard "looking good, Mama!" and "way to go!" Wha?? I had to look twice to be sure it was the same car!

I have no idea what actually caused the change in them, but for right now I"m going to assume it was me and call it a victory :)

You're an incredible woman, as me and my large behind more than likely would have attempted to tackle those kids!!!
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @TrypleThyck - If my 52" butt could've run fast enough, those punks woulda gone D O W N !!! LOL
  • Curvimami
    Options

Being that those kids were complete jerks, I can only assume that their change of heart is due to your awesome persistance and dedication to your health and fitness. And believe that the "Looking good, Mama!" thrown your way was as genuine as it gets. Kudos!! :drinker: