Kettlebell weights and workout routine

Options
Meee2012
Meee2012 Posts: 14 Member
Hi everyone :)

I have 2 question:

1. What weight kettlebell you used for your workouts? I'm still on the yellow bell (it came with my pack) but noticed that the ladies on the DVD use the red one (I'm assuming it's the next weight up) and was tempted to move up for more of a challenge. Having said that, I don't want to waste £ on a new bell if I'll move up again in another few weeks.

2. What's your routine? I'm coming to the end of the 6 week programme and am trying to decide what to do next. I've done the odd fast abs/burn session but haven't touched the body part specific DVDs yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Replies

• Miz_Anthropy
    Miz_Anthropy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use a 20# to swing and 10# or 15# for other things like tractor pulls, skull crushers etc. my opinion is that every bell you end up buying can still be used for something else once your swing goes up. Most places I have read, ladies never really go beyond 26# or 30#. If concerned about the cost, look into Tim ferris' modified KB. Also, look up Tracy reifkind for inspiration. I prefer the basic swing and Darc (alternating hands on the up swing) to almost anything else.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hey hon. Xavier was sick w/ strep all week so wasn't active this week on the boards.

I am still using the 5lb weight that came w/the set. My husband is getting the 10lb KB this weekend as we both finished the 6 wk body makeover this week.

As I have a lot of weight to lose and toning to do, I am going to repeat the 6wk body makeover and incorporate the 10lb kb where I can. I am also going to alternate the Ultimate Body Collection on the off days just as I have been. I am seeing a BIG difference in the way clothes fit (or don't!)...
  • ShizukaSamurai
    ShizukaSamurai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello!

1. I started with the 10 pound weight and I'm still working on it.

2. My routine is the 6-Week Transformation program with the extra DVDs. I also received a free one in the mail from KettleWorX so I'm adding it into my routine. I try to do 5 days a week instead of 3 so that I can speed up the results, but I haven't seen and weight loss yet. Definitely nice muscle definition and I'm gaining strength, but the fat's still around! I plan on sticking with this program for a while until I progress to the 20 pound kettlebell. Maybe heavier. I am so guilty of failing to complete a workout system, and this is the one system that I've actually completed since it's doable and never boring for me. I might incorporate Insanity however to bring in a higher cardio component.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I ordered my DVDs with the 10lb kettlebell, which I use for everything except punches, where I'm stuck with a rather tiny dumbell, which I'm already noticing seems lighter than it did. I can see myself completing it at one weight and then completing it at another later.
  • ShizukaSamurai
    ShizukaSamurai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Same here! This is my second time through the 6 week system. I noticed my strength and endurance have improved. I'm sure I can bump up to 15lb, but I don't want to move until I can do every move easily and with a smile plastered on my face throughout the entire session like those in the video. lol.