Cardio

Options
I would like to mix up the cardio I do with CLX. I enjoy the workouts that come along with the system, but I get bored VERY easily, especially with cardio....and I hate cardio?

Any suggestions other than TurboFire. I am not a fan of it. It is too high impact for my knees and feet.

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Do you have p90x? The cardio there I find is actually -gulp- enjoyable. Cardio X and Kenpo X.
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I do Zumba for some of cardio.
    I get bored easily but try & do at least 1 of clx cardio/wk as some moves are def more intense (eg. burpees)

I do burn more calories with Zumba than with clx cardio though
  • Mischelina
    Mischelina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 3rd week of Burn. I've only been doing the Burn Intervals cardio portion of CLX...it's the only one I like. I've been doing Jillian DVDs since April so I'm used to those and continue to do them 4-5x a week for cardio, as well as 6 miles of walk/jog/run intervals on the weekends.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily too so I've been doing Shaun T's Rockin Body DVD's and those are SO much fun that I forget I'm actually doing cardio!!!

Sometimes I'll go swimming or bike riding for cardio too if the weather is nice and I don't feel like doing a DVD!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Since it's the summer, I don't do any of the CLX cardio. I take aqua bootcamp or aqua aerobics classes instead and then just do the weights. Since the water classes are 60 minutes, I figure that's fine.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is the only complaint I have about CHX, the same cardio gets kind of old........I like Leslie Sansone's DVD's, they are easy on the joints and you get a good calorie burn from them. I've tried several and have my favorites, there are lots on reviews on Collage Video too.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Jam work outs for cardio. I just got tired of CLX cardio.
  • chojolitos
    chojolitos Posts: 100
    Options
    :heart: I swim or run
  • rjt323
    rjt323 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't like "Burn Intervals" so I typically use "Get-Lean Intervals" or Jari Love's "Get Extremely RIPPED! 1000" on that day of CLX. I've recently started mixing in Jillian Michaels' workouts on that day.

I'm not a fan of "Burn It Off" either so I typically rotate in TF HIIT 30 and TJ Fat Blaster. Since you mentioned not liking TF I should add that I recently bought Amy Dixon's "Breathless Body 2: The Edge." The Amy Dixon workout may be the hardest HIIT workout I've ever done. I did mostly the medium or high impact levels for each of the exercises. The nice thing about the DVD is that it has low, medium, and high impact/intensity levels. She has only one person doing each level which I appreciate (as opposed to TF where 35 people are doing high impact and only one is doing low impact).

Lastly, check out collagevideo.com for some great info on workout DVDs. They have a 1-2 minute preview video of each DVD plus a certified instructor assessment and a lot of helpful reviews.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    good to know you are all substituting. I have been thinking about this. I want to do the "full program" as is, but feel like I want to change it up a bit too. I love burn intervals...what a workout! And Burn it off is a good workout, but so short, I always feel like I need to do something else afterwards. Have been contemplating substituting P90x Plyo or Kenpo or Cardio X instead. But am not sure if I'd be missing something by not doing the CLX videos? I feel like Chalene's workouts are strong in the thigh area, and maybe some of the others aren't as much?
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Ive been substituting insanity for my cardio days!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing the program for a week and liked the cardio routines but could see how they could get tiring after a bit (as I too get bored easily). However after doing the TF for a while I found that I didn't feel like it was working my muscles as well as it had been before and now after a week of CLX my but muscles are feeling it...

I would think anything you do as long as you do something would work...sometimes I will do a workout on the treadmill too..I can read then so don't get bored.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily too so I've been doing Shaun T's Rockin Body DVD's and those are SO much fun that I forget I'm actually doing cardio!!!

Sometimes I'll go swimming or bike riding for cardio too if the weather is nice and I don't feel like doing a DVD!

I am thinking about using the Rock It Out routine in place of one of the cardio days. I haven't tried it yet. How do you like that routine?
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I am thinking about using the Rock It Out routine in place of one of the cardio days. I haven't tried it yet. How do you like that routine?

I bought those DVD's and didn't like them and ended up sending them back. They didn't do it for me cardio wise.....I also have to butt lift ones and can't really get into those either.....