Month two Insanity: What to expect?

Options
wolveslovemee
wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
Hey everyone! Just curious about what to expect for month two. I am winding down on my recovery week here and start pretty soon up again on the MAX workouts.

What can I expect? To die? To burn out? To love it? hehe xD

Any tips and advice?

Thanks all! Looking forward to it :)

Replies

• laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I start my Max workouts tomorrow - will let you know!
    A friend of mine is a week ahead of me and he said that it is so hard it isn't even comparable to the 1st month. He is already pretty fit and an ex-marine so God help us!
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Im gonna post this in the main forums, hope no one minds!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Just started recovery week, so I'll be watching this post :) I'm already looking forward to month 2!
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Heading into my final week of Month 2 so my thoughts:

1. Week 1 of Month 2 is the hardest. Get past that hump and you'll be ok.
    2. A lot of month 2 intervals recruits your entire body. No more just squat jumps or what not, expect an upper body movement along with your lower body moves.
    3. Learn to love pushups. LOL. Really.
    4. Month 2 is in your head. It's mostly mental. Encourage yourself and take it one interval at a time....one workout at a time.

You're gonna find out what you are made of in these workouts. Show some grit and push through. :)

Good luck!
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Initially you will feel like you're doing to die from it being intense and you will really notice the longer workouts in each circuits (even though its only 15 seconds) but after you learn the exercises and get in the groove you will grow to love them. I was a little apprehensive to begin with but once I got through each one the first time I felt better about it!
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    This is great advice! I just say make it through this interval...and don't look at the time. During month one I was constantly watching the clock when I could and now I just try to do it!!!

4. Month 2 is in your head. It's mostly mental. Encourage yourself and take it one interval at a time....one workout at a time.
  • laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How did you get on? I did Fit Test 3 - which I improved on everything but the switch kicks which stuck at 116. Then I did the workout straight after and was absolutely exhausted by the end - but really chuffed at achieving it
  • LD1996
    LD1996 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hiya - I start my Max workouts tomorrow - will let you know!
    A friend of mine is a week ahead of me and he said that it is so hard it isn't even comparable to the 1st month. He is already pretty fit and an ex-marine so God help us!
    This scares me...:noway:
  • LD1996
    Options
    I did day one yesterday. I couldn't make it through the entire first workout, but I think it's because I did the fit test right before. The first workout is an hour long, so you may want to split the fit test and actual workout into different times during the day. I was exhausted, but am feeling a "good" sore today.
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day in Month 2 (not counting the fit test). I thought I was doing alright until I got to about 21 minutes left and I started getting nauseous. All the bending at the waist and going floor-to-feet made me motion sick, like I had been on a really wild rollercoaster 5 times in a row. I didn't finish the stretch because when I bent over, I thought I was going to lose it on my Nikes.

It might be too late to say this, but maybe someone else will read this: DON'T GO EASY DURING THE RECOVERY WEEK! Keep your energy up. Don't coast because you'll lose a little of what you gained over the previous 4 weeks and it makes it that much harder when you go from 40 minute workouts to 57 minute workouts (Oh yeah! They don't mention that! The workouts are LONGER in the second month!!)
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Sounds scary! I have to ask did you ever get dizzy or nausea during the first month? I have read a lot of people saying they do, and I haven't experienced that yet (partway through recovery week). I tend to eat breakfast about 45min before I workout so I have plenty of energy but am not stuffed/feeling "heavy" during the workout. Maybe that would help?? Maybe not :) Everyone is different, but it's a thought!
  • LD1996
    Options
    Day 2 went much better than day one. The max interval plyo was a great change of pace. Whoever said this part of the program likes pushups wasn't lying. My arms were jelly by the end, but I felt great afterward.

I noticed that if I didn't drink enough water throughout the day, I would get dizzy during my workouts. I think everyone is different, but since I made it a point to drink even more water, I haven't had as much of a problem with the dizzies.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Harder, longer, faster. That's it. Way more push-ups. Get through the first couple of days and you'll be fine. I found Month 2 much more fun than Month 1.
  • SchoolCounselor
    SchoolCounselor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Month 2. Week 1.

I like month 2 better. It is harder but I like the exercises more. They are more creative. It is so true that is all in your head. I know I will never get through an Insanity workout, but I will darn near kill myself trying!

Results and Recovery formula is so important, also Omega 3!
  • jpresson3
    Options
    I am on my 3rd day of the 2nd month. The first 2 workouts were killer. I am glad I found this post because "mentally" I was getting beat up. The pals I have here on MFP have been great motivators but sometimes you still struggle..anyone else need motivation or want to keep me on track feel free to add me as a friend. My arms, chest, and ego are a bit sore today but tonight is another battle with Insanity!