Day 1 of our weightloss challenge

Options
WOW WE HAVE REACHED DAY 1 OF OUR WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!! I can't believe its August already. I know some of you are taking part in the virtual rowing so I thought we could do our own little challenge as well. This is going to last throughout of August hopefully. I will be following up every day with motivational tips to keep us going and swapping our routines around. Remember only you can do the hard work!

I am so excited for you all taking part, let us make August count.

It all starts today, today is the first day of your slimmer life. No matter how big the mountain may be that you have to climb, the key to success is to move forward every day, just focus on each day at hand. Set yourself small but reachable goals.

“the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step”

We will also be incorporating at least a 500cal burn every day. If you burn 500 cals a day you will lose 1lb a week, yes that’s right!! Let’s make this week happen. No more excuses, it’s now or never. If you burn more than this its fine it means you are doing something right. However some of us are still at the early stage in our exercise and may find it hard to do a full 500cal burn due to disabilities etc. You do what you can and don't let anyone tell yourself different.

"no matter how slow you go you are still lapping everyone on the couch"

After being gifted a workout dvd called Ultimate Taebo by Billy Banks I have therefore started this challenge with a bit of Taebo, it’s an exercise mixture of marital arts and boxing and one of the most fabulous ways to burn calories, it’s an all over body workout. It lasts for 53mins but do as much as you can. I have to admit that both my friend and myself skimmed through this last night and although it looks hard I am sure when we push ourselves each day it will get easier. I have attached a link to you tube where I was quite thankful to find the same workout that I am doing for free so that you can all join in with me if you like.

If you don't want to do Taebo you can incorporate any exercise into your regime just make sure you are doing something and log those calories. Whether you are cooking, cleaning etc you are still moving and it still counts. Just don't overkill yourselves so that tomorrow you won't be fit to move. Pushing ourselves is the key however killing ourselves is not. We want to enjoy exercise and not think of it as chore.

Let’s do it. Please state below who took part and the calories they burned.
Before we start this challenge I would like to suggest for you to take your measurements as well so we can come on the thread at the end of the month and find out how well we did.

So this is what I want you to do.

1. Get yourself a glass of grapefruit juice or try a glass of lukewarm water with a slice of lemon in it, fantastic for flushing out your system
2. plan what you are having to eat first thing in the morning this ensures that you know how many calories you have to spend and will make you not go overboard
3. Drink at least 4litres a water a day - Small sips throughout the day will keep your hunger at bay too
4. Try and do at least 30-60mins of exercise
5. Feeling deflated, come on here and speak about it, its better than reaching for something naughty that could ruin your hard work
6. Most importantly have fun and enjoy the experience.
7. Finally let me know how you get on each day, I have big shoulders and can take allot of woes

Good luck everyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0VjItiDF3w

Replies

• spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Successful day 1 of August challenge....yeah!!!!

Burned 590 exercise calories.
    609 eating calories remaining. (Ate 1651 calories)
    Drank 96 oz water (12 glasses)
  • lindamae52
    lindamae52 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    okay, I'm in. Good luck to all
  • aparziale
    aparziale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    what ivirtual rowing?
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    53mins of tae bo burned 1178cals. I am going to be sore in the morning. But what a fantastic burn I have felt that everywhere. So much better than the shred.

only 2litres of water as yet, always struggle with that will try better.

Hope you are all doing well
  • yenyarooiam
    yenyarooiam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bring It on! Lets burn those pounds away. Im all in
    We Can Do This!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    already done with my workout this morning, but planning on doing a walk or bike ride later when it cools off. It is suppose to be 102 today, maybe I should go swimming
  • spike90
    Options
    Looks like I made a boo boo. I was logged on after mightnight last night and saw you post and didn't pay attention to the date (forgetting that you are in England and like 12 hours ahead of me). Please ignore my post for day one that I did last night and I will redo tonight for the correct date. I don't want anyone to think I am cheating when I just simply made a human error.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Options
    Looks like I made a boo boo. I was logged on after mightnight last night and saw you post and didn't pay attention to the date (forgetting that you are in England and like 12 hours ahead of me). Please ignore my post for day one that I did last night and I will redo tonight for the correct date. I don't want anyone to think I am cheating when I just simply made a human error.

Hey hun seriously don't worry about it, good luck for todays results.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Options
    How are we all getting along? Well done to everyone who tried today, Day 2 bring it on! Hope you all took your inch measurements as well, they are just as important as weighing on the scale
  • spike90
    Options
    Okay, here are my results for day 1, August 1st.......

842 exercise calories
    548 food calories remaining (ate 1964 calories)
    Drank 12 glasses water (96 oz)

I am so stuffed as I had to eat so much dinner due to being too low on my net calories. All in all, I am pleased with day 1 of the August challenge :)

p.s. I did take my measurements this morning and log them into MFP and Fitbit.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Options
    fantastic hun, well done
  • yenyarooiam
    yenyarooiam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Woot woot day one challange meet 538 cal burned so far today
    It was hard but well worth the effort
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    woot woot, lol day one burned 609! i already forgot what else I was going to put here.