FINALLY-Accomplished my FIRST Mountain climb =)

Options
missallenxox
missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
Just wanted to share- i finally completed my goal- my first mountain.

Mount Louie, Grande Cache, Alberta. 6075 ft elevation, 11.58km (round trip). It took me 5 hours with all my breaks lol. It was really hard on my body. Heart rate monitor read 5000cals burnt. OMG. Legs were jelly for 2 days but now im good. I went with two women who were borderline 50 and they KICKED my *kitten*! amazing..We couldn't stay long at the top because it started to thunder and lightning. I purchased my "passport to the peaks". basically a small touristy binder that includes all mountain maps, and info, elevation, estimated days to accomplish etc. at the top of each mountain theres a carin and it has a seal stamp to stamp your page of that mountain. YUP i got my first stamp!

Replies

• jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    Doesn't it feel amazing to accomplish something like that. I love it when I get to the top of a mountain.
  • natwen
    natwen Posts: 81
    Options
    Wow, awesome job. I love seeing high calorie burns on the HRM. GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    it felt realllly good. i was breathing hard the whole way and all i could think about was that i will forget the pain as soon as i get to the top!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Great hike!!! I have climbed a few fourteeners here in Colorado and it feels so amazing to know what you can do!!