Just started and looking to add nrowl4w friends

melissaw1232
melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
Hi all. I just started the program last night and I need some friends who lift. Currently most of my friend list is cardio focused so I need a nice balance. Looking fwd to getting to know some of you ladies!

Last nights stats were:

squats 30lbs plus bar(12lb), reg pushups15 each set, back row 30lb plus bar, step ups 20lb dumbbells each

Cant wait to get STRONGER with you guys!

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Congratulations on starting! I hope you like it as much as I've grown to! :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I'm on level one, but but no where near your stats (older well worn body). Add me if you like!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    You will be amazed at how quickly you can progress. Don't be afraid to lift up a heavy weight. If it's too heavy, put it back down and do just a tad lighter! You can do it!
  • justgin1
    justgin1 Posts: 31 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm in Stage 1 and really like this program. I'm doing it at home so I had to make some modifications, but it's working out fine so far.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    I love weight lifting but I love spinning as well!! Feel free to add me!
  • melissaw1232
    thanks ladies!! Im adding you all for motivation and support.
    Justgin im doing the program at home as well. subbing back rows for the seated row and tomorrow I'll sub the wide grip lat pulldown with a pullover. hopefully with the same awesome results! lol

Paj315 I also love cardio and wondered if i'd go into complete withdrawal. I feel it neccessary to keep my sanity!
  • NewInnerStrength
    NewInnerStrength Posts: 25 Member
    Hi there, I am in stage 1 also, add me if you like :)
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Hello,
    Feel free to add me - I'm on Stage 3 but also workout at home (although not at the moment, it's school holidays & I'm away so have found a gym to use)
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Friend me! I've been lifting regularly since last November. But I officially started Stage 1 this week! (Had a mock start two weeks ago before I realized that it was unreasonable to start when I was already overloaded schedule wise.)
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Just started stage one myself.....please feel free to add me :)
  • melissaw1232
    Thanks ladies!! Im friending you all! lol
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    I am on Phase 2 and love the change. I used to be all cardio focused. Feel free to friend me.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    I just started a few weeks ago. I am almost done w/Stage 1 :) Add me if you'd like!

-Amanda
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    I'm almost done Stage 1. :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    I'm half way through Stage 1, add me, anyone, I could use some NROWL4W friends!
  • jbosick80
    jbosick80 Posts: 47 Member
    starting today always in need of support and love to help when I can. Add me if you like. I'm going to add all of you :)
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    I'm starting tomorrow so please add me. I'm going to need a lot of support! At first I was super excited and then after reading the workout, I'm a little skeptical. I'm already doing other weight machines. Do I quit them? I'm afraid if I do and just do the exercises in Stage 1 then I will regress. Thoughts?
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    I'm starting tomorrow so please add me. I'm going to need a lot of support! At first I was super excited and then after reading the workout, I'm a little skeptical. I'm already doing other weight machines. Do I quit them? I'm afraid if I do and just do the exercises in Stage 1 then I will regress. Thoughts?

quit the machines.

I did, and like you I thought what, 5 moves and that's it? Believe me, you'll feel it all over your body. The beaitu of doing free weights as opposed to the machines is that is works the whole body - so you'll suddenly find yourself waddling and thinking, how the hell do the muscles in my inner thigh hurt when I didn't do any specific exercises there?

I doubt you'll regress on S1. If you ARE concerned, how about quitting the machines for 2-4 weeks and just doing NROLFW and seeing what you think after that?
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    hi I've just started stage 2, good luck and I will send a friend request :) anyone else feel free to add me :)
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Hi! I'm in the middle of stage 1, and I love it. Feel free to add me :)