Help/Advice

Options
This page is for anything we are stuck on or need help with.

Replies

• zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    great initiative Charlene..
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi All, quick question...
    Do u do 30ds everyday? i read (i could be wrong) thats its 2 days 30ds 1 day cardio 2 days 30ds 1 day cardio then 1 rest day. what is everyone else doing? my husband and brother in law both insist a rest day is need for muscle repair...:huh:
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    I'm personally hoping to do it for 30days straight so no interruptions from T.O.M :) But i'm only doing the 30DS as my only exercise.

From what i have read on here some people do what you have said, some do it 30 days straight, so spread it out over 2 months etc but i think the main thing is what feels right for you & your body.
  • lewis350
    lewis350 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am on L2D6 and have had only one day off due to an injury, i also go to the gym 3 times a week and netball (kind of like basketball) twice a week.
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    when i did my cardio day rather than 30ds i missed it like mad, might stick to 30ds and just rest every 1 day from 7 and see how i go, thanks
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    what size weights is everyone using? Laura
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    I use 2kg (4.4lbs) and some moves i do find it difficult but just carry on. Hoping to improve my bingo wings lol
  • supermomtoo4
    supermomtoo4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use 5 lb for most of the exercises but the shoulder raises I have to switch down to 3 lbs and even that is hard.
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use 5 lb for all the workout. I started it on 17/07, i have missed 2 days days so far, but i am committed to continue it straight. I may take 2 days rest after I finish level 3..
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    I started lighter for the anterior raises and the presses that you do with a squat, but I've moved up to 5lb now for all exercises.
  • luce0266
    luce0266 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of the shred, not to sure getting out of bed at 5:45am for the next 28 days is gonna work for me though!...But been told will it boost my metabolism if I exercise first thing??? True or false??
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started lighter for the anterior raises and the presses that you do with a squat, but I've moved up to 5lb now for all exercises.
    Yeah, I think I need heavier than the three pounders I have for some of the moves (like the chest raises you do while laying on the floor) but will stick with the three for the squats and lunges. Just until I become less than a weakling that is....
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Day 2 of the shred, not to sure getting out of bed at 5:45am for the next 28 days is gonna work for me though!...But been told will it boost my metabolism if I exercise first thing??? True or false??

There are different schools of thought on this. It's definitely true that if you exercise with no food in you, you force your body to fuel you with stored fat. The problem with this is that it's not very efficient, and therefore can make the workout harder, and have a detrimental effect on your performance. The result of this is that you don't work out as hard, and you get that feeling of peril because it's really hard. Plus you don't get the joy of seeing your performance improve in leaps and bounds as you go along.

I try to run first thing in the morning once a week, purely because races tend to be first thing in the morning so I need to get used to doing that, but I don't do the shred until I've had breakfast and sat for a while, and I do find running in the early evening much easier and more enjoyable.

Don't force yourself to work out first thing if it doesn't feel good, I guess it just makes it less sustainable.
  • chezileigh
    Options
    [/quote]
    Yeah, I think I need heavier than the three pounders I have for some of the moves (like the chest raises you do while laying on the floor) but will stick with the three for the squats and lunges. Just until I become less than a weakling that is....
    [/quote]

Yes, those chest presses you can probably go heavier than 5lbs because your shoulder is much more stable in that position and range of movement, than it is with the standing exercises, and particularly the anterior raises.