GR Bridge Run/Couch to 5k

Options
GypsyWillow22
GypsyWillow22 Posts: 31 Member
Anyone else training for the Run/Walk 5k for the Bridge Run? I'm using the Couch to 5k Running Plan. It would be great to find a running partner! I will be back home at the end of August. By then I should be on Week 8.

Anyone else on the Couch to 5k Plan? How's your progress?

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Anyone else training for the Run/Walk 5k for the Bridge Run? I'm using the Couch to 5k Running Plan. It would be great to find a running partner! I will be back home at the end of August. By then I should be on Week 8.

My son and I just completed C25K a few weeks ago, we are now running 3 miles 3x a week. Thinking about upping it to 4 miles. My wife and daughters have started as well, and I also have quite a few in laws starting. Everyone is on different weeks, but we all get together 3x a week and run on the white pine trail. Makes it much more motivating with an entire group counting on you to show up.

Wish I would of signed up for the Bridge run!, For a race in September they cut off guaranteed t-shirts and early registration discount way too soon!.. However, I am signing up for the Zombie Dash that is on Oct 27!, the map covers the same area as the bridge run.
  • GypsyWillow22
    Options

My son and I just completed C25K a few weeks ago, we are now running 3 miles 3x a week. Thinking about upping it to 4 miles. My wife and daughters have started as well, and I also have quite a few in laws starting. Everyone is on different weeks, but we all get together 3x a week and run on the white pine trail. Makes it much more motivating with an entire group counting on you to show up.

Wish I would of signed up for the Bridge run!, For a race in September they cut off guaranteed t-shirts and early registration discount way too soon!.. However, I am signing up for the Zombie Dash that is on Oct 27!, the map covers the same area as the bridge run.

OH! I'll totally do that! Great way to celebrate Halloween!
  • GypsyWillow22
    Options
    I guess it's the Lake Michigan Credit Union Bridge Run now.
  • amtimmons23
    Options
    How exactly does the couch to 5K work? What are the guidelines? I'm in the Grand Rapids area and am trying to train myself to run a 5K.
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the GR area, but I can't recommend the C25K program enough! I've gone through it 3 times (I had a "stick to it" issue in the past) and then finally this year used the Bridge to 10K program and ran my first 10K in July! Good luck everyone on the Bridge run. I wish I had heard about it sooner.

That being said, thanks for posting the Zombie Run! I'm trying to keep an at least 1 race a month streak alive and didn't have anything scheduled in October.
  • amtimmons23
    Options
    What are the details or URL for the zomibe run???
  • peteb79
    Options
    What are the details or URL for the zomibe run???

http://thezombiedash.com/

Less than 40$ and you get a tech shirt. (Last month it was only 35$) But early registration ended sept 1
  • peteb79
    Options
    How exactly does the couch to 5K work? What are the guidelines? I'm in the Grand Rapids area and am trying to train myself to run a 5K.

Here's the site for C25k.
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It basically has you run / walk at different intervals and week by week your are running more and walking less.
  • amtimmons23
    Options
    Thank you for the info guys =)