Blood pressure

Options
debbylee22
debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
Hi friends,
I have a question for you well-seasoned in this thyroid/adrenal stuff....
My blood pressure has been on the low side all my life...
Now I'm taking treatment for thyroid & adrenal right now, and suddenly my blood pressure is going up & up.
I thought it was bad Monday when it was 144/64 but yesterday it was 168/68~ in less then a week.
The water retention is getting worse too.
What should I be doing about it? I'm on vacation, so can't go see Dr.
Thanks for any help.

Replies

• debbylee22
    Options
    The blood pressure started to come down now. Yesterday it was 159/83
    The water retention is also starting to ever so slowly recede. My eyes are still puffy, but the ring manages to stay on overnight now. I guess it takes a long time to get over taking the licorice root.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Debby,
    That doesn't sound right...you may need a dosage adjustment on adrenals. I've had high blood pressure most of my life.. now that I am on Armour and adrenal support, I had to stop taking my blood pressure medication because it went too low.

I think you need to have your levels checked. If you are on vacation, consider reducing your dose of adrenal meds.

Terri
  • debbylee22
    Options
    Thanks, that is what I did. Stopped the licorice & zinc, cut dissicated adrenal to half dose. Definitely have to watch it. Also just bought some support hose, and that's really helped my swelling ankles.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Whew - that's good! My ND would not give me licorice because of my history of high b.p... it's known for raising b.p.

I took Rhodiola for my adrenals -- it's more gentle. Just FYI -- hope you feel better!
  • debbylee22
    Options
    Rhodiola... Thanks! I will have to ask about that. The dissicated adrenal may be doing the trick, but I'll ask about that.

Today I went for a half hour walk (in the heat); and had no episodes with the heart. I also had no palpitations today, & felt better. I guess I just have to hang in there & let the body heal.

I appreciate your experience & the fact that you are here to help others, its truly a blessing! :flowerforyou:
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Debby,

Glad you are getting the swelling and the B/P down. I was a little concerned. You know, you can always go into an emergency room or a walk in clinic if you are in the states to have a Dr. check you out or at least a Nurse. Take care.

Ginny
  • debbylee22
    Options
    Thanks Ginny,
    I do have insurance, in case I need it. My hubby is also watching me close. So happy to have had a good day. :flowerforyou: