Thinking about Pole Dancing...

Options
gracia124
gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
I want to try an exciting fitness class and have been thinking about pole dancing. I'm specifically working on building strength, toning up (esp. arms and core), and gaining flexibility. I was just wondering what you all have gotten out of pole dancing, whether it be the things I listed or something else.

Thanks!

Replies

• lobbyart
    lobbyart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just took my first class, and I'm already hooked! My shoulders, glutes, and obliques are all sore, and I have some decent muscles to begin with, so I'm really happy.
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just took my first class, and I'm already hooked! My shoulders, glutes, and obliques are all sore, and I have some decent muscles to begin with, so I'm really happy.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and signed up - first class in on Tuesday!
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I originally took up pole in order to get in shape and tone up, but I've got so much more 2 years down the line!

It does work on every muscle in your body, and it's also a great confidence booster, I've found!

My flexibility hasn't really improved much, but then I think that's more to do with the warm ups before getting on the pole, but my strength has gone through the roof!

My legs and arms have toned up nicely, and I'm sure my stomach has too... just need to get rid of all the fat it's hiding behind lol!

Enjoy your first lesson, I'm sure you'll be hooked straight away! :)
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are going to love it, so report back to this community group after your first class, we want to hear all about it!

First week for me left me really sore, but I was hauling 18 stone up the pole and practically hanging on with my teeth I was so scared. I also made the big mistake of just sitting down when I got home. Now it is a matter of ritual that I come straight back after class (mine are Sunday nights) and have a long cool to cold shower. I find that really minimises any stiffness for me.

So give it a Spin and enjoy the company ..... I never met a pole dancer I didn't like!

Mavis