motivation to exercise and eat right

Options
i am definitely one who struggles to eat right and exercise. Right now i am working with a dietician; trying record my blood sugar and eating on a regular basis. for me i need also to test and eat on a schedule which very difficult for with schedule being ununsual. any suggestions?:)
:smile:

Replies

• 88Fifi88
    88Fifi88 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey =) Of course there are the standard things like stairs instead of elevators and day to day changes but with eating try having pre-prepared snacks/mini meals with you so no matter what the time you have something healthy to resort to for example -

- Trail mix with air-poped popcorn (careful with salt)
    - Good muesli fibre bars
    - Cut veggies and fruit (Lemon juice on fruit stops in going brown)

And as for fast food SUBWAY! Hold the large amounts of bread/fatty meats ect.

Also when I don't have time for a long workout Squats are one of the highest calorie burning reps!
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only way you're probably going to be able to keep working out/exercising on a regular basis (short of having incredible willpower) is going to be if you find something you really legitimately enjoy. For a lot of people it's a sport, I'm just getting into tennis and the time just flies by on the courts. Or dance routines, a lot of people think things like Zumba are really fun. Also, having a workout buddy is an excellent way to keep your motivation up. Get competitive with each other or make it a bonding time, or a part of your routine. As long as you enjoy it, you won't find excuses to not do it. Easier said than done, I know, especially when busy lives get in the way. Just do your best and forget the rest! Good luck!