Phase 1 Week 1

Options
nanana20
nanana20 Posts: 4 Member
Love reading everyone's story on here so wanted to get in on the action!

A bit about me - I am 26 years old, finishing up medical school and finally have a bit of free time for myself! I have been daydreaming about losing the 20-25 lbs I put on throughout college and grad school for what seems like years and finally decided to do something about it. My only problem is.. I can't stick to any diet/workout plan for more than a week because I want instant results! :( So hopefully being surrounded by people doing the same thing will help keep me motivated.

Started Workout 1 on Tuesday (skipped the kickstart week and not following the diet strictly as I am a student and I have limited funds to grocery shop with) and loved it! Sadly skipped workout 2 yesterday so I will be doing Workout 2 and Cardio 1 tonight! Would love a buddy to do this with! good luck to all!

Replies

• ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Nanana2:

Friend request sent! I just started on Monday, so I am not much further than you are. I am doing the kickstart week and trying to follow Jillian's diet.

As you, I would love to have instant results, but unfortunately the instant ones do not stick around. Slow and steady seems the way to go. I think JMBR should work if we try and stick to it as best as we can :)

I just graduated from law school and took the bar... I gained a few pounds recently when I was studying, and I have never been heavier in my life. Kind of sucks, but I am determined to make positive changes. I am an emotional eater, and studying and stressing out about school was my trigger. Now that is behind me (hopefully), I am ready to reclaim my life and my body from before grad school!
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi nanana2 and ajfromfl2012.....I just started last week...I did do the QuickStart kickstart...thankfully I had this last week off...could have done it if I was working, but would have been difficult. I did send friend requests to both of you as well...I'm working at a local hospital either until I retire or win the lottery, so you can probably figure I'm there for the long haul. I'm a nurse practitioner for the last 6 years...living in the balmy state of Michigan.
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got my kit yesterday and am doing my first workout today. I'm a bit behind you guys. I've been having a strange muscle thing behind my right knee. So I may have to make modifications. But I'm going to attempt to do something since something is better than nothing.

I'm turning 37 next week and have about ten pounds to lose. A lot of my clothes have gotten tight and/or don't fit. We built our house over this last year and spent the year before working on the preliminary stuff and selling our previous house. Life got in the way and now I'm not comfortable in my own skin or in my clothes. It's not fun. I'm hoping that eating healthier now and working out again will get me back to where I was.

I'll friend request you guys. Anyone who joins can friend request me too!
  • nanana20
    Options
    Alright! I finally got through workout 2 and cardio 1!
    Burned 363 cals for workout 2 according to my HRM and 315 for cardio 1. Cardio 1 kicked my butt! I was definitely not feeling dance-y towards the end but actually quite nauseous lol. Glad I did it though! Workout 1 tomorrow! WOO!
  • nanana20
    Options
    Also substituted jump rope for running man because I was way too spastic and uncoordinated for that one.
  • FitGirl329
    Options
    I did my first day today. Workout 1 was fun! I didn't enjoy cardio 1 very much though. The repetition of the circuit got boring to me. I'm not sure if I can see myself doing this same DVD all month. I'll probably do other cardio DVDs too. Because of my funny knee thing I have going I could not do the running man at all so I did this funny twisty move with the same arm movements. The straight legged kick thing I had issues with too so I jogged in place. The back of my knee feels like I stretched a muscle or something and feels strange when I straighten it out. But it doesn't bother me when I work out and keep moving. Is only certain moves. Like doing the plank was fine. We'll see how it goes.
  • Aimer45
    Aimer45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! I am just starting out too...sending friend requests your way. I am (im)patiently waiting for my DVD's to arrive--they should be here today or tomorrow though. I am finishing up a month of Ripped in 30 right now and can't wait to start Body Revolution. My reward for actually sticking with Jillian for a month is more Jillian!

I'm 30, married, no kids, and have about 15-20 pounds to lose. I typically work out right after work before my husband gets home so I plan to stick to that. I will probably not stick to Jillian's diet but I plan to incorporate some of her recipes. I have to wait and see what I think once I get everything.
  • nanana20
    Options
    welcome aboard!
  • FitGirl329
    Options
    Welcome! I accepted your request!

I had to have an Ultrasound on my leg this morning because I had a red spot and some swelling below where I've been wrapping it. My doctor was worried about DVT. Good lord. I'm fine though...No clotting. How can all this be going on when I feel so healthy otherwise?? I have an ortho appointment in an hour. So hopefully between the extra shots the radiologist took of the black circular spot behind my knee where I've been having the strained feeling and the ortho, I'll know more soon. It's so strange that I feel fine working out and moving a lot. It's when I've been idle or crouched for a while and then straighten that I really feel it.
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, everyone! Thank you for your friend requests! Keep them coming :))))

I am not a huge fan of Cardio 1 either, especially when I am doing the kickstart week, in which you do it every day and on Wednesdays and Saturdays twice a day. I am so glad it is only 26 minutes! The worst for me is the running man, maybe because it leaves me out of breath... I guess I need to improve cardio more than my strength... Other than that, Workouts 1 and 2 flew by. Sometimes I find it hard to figure out which dumbells to use - I have only 3s, 4s, and 8s; I have been sticking to 8s on most exercises, but I have a couple with which I use 4s.

Good luck!
  • Aimer45
    Options
    Babs--that really sucks about your injury. Just let it heal and then you can get started!

I am going to start on Monday....did one final Ripped in 30 workout today. I was going to start BR today but decided that Monday makes more sense. Can't wait to get started!
    Thanks everyone for the add!
  • awakenedsoul
    awakenedsoul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just starting JMBR today(again). I've had it for a few months now and started once before but lost motivation (got bored doing the same Cardio 1 over and over). Unfortunately, I've been on a gaining trend lately and am at my heaviest weight in my life. Just weighed this morning...I'm 5'5" at 214 lbs. Ugh! How did I let this happen?! Looking to regain my confidence as I no longer feel comfortable in my own skin. I've found myself shying away from cameras, mirrors, even social events or meeting new people which is NOT like me at all! Basically, I no longer feel like "me". Time to get busy and do something about it! I know it's going to take lots of hard work and dedication. Looking forward to sharing my journey and supporting others!
  • Aimer45
    Options
    How is everyone doing with it so far? I just finished my 3rd day of 1 workout per day except today when I ran after the Cardio workout. Even though I just completed Ripped in 30, I still feel like the Week 1 and 2 workouts will be a big help in building core strength for the later workouts. I do need to pick up 8 pound weights since I only have 5's and they are not challenging enough on some moves.
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm actually still waiting for my kit to arrive!!! I'm so anxious I can't wait to start and wanted to be a bit ahead of the game and learn from all of your experiences while I start.
    I'm currently doing the JM 30 Day Shred and is awesome! I really love it! specially the fact that somehow along the way this lady went inside my brain and now I really feel guilty when I don't exercise! I know!!
    I'm a mom of 2 little girls, full time job and constantly juggling work, family, husband and friends while trying to fit only 30min a day for me...but I have all the support I can get, I can't complain.
    I'm 5.1" (yep, very short) and since April 2012 went from 210lbs to a 177lbs with running and counting my calorie intake. Pretty amazing! The entire month of July I've been back and forth playing with the same pound or two...on and off again.....that's when I decided I need it to step up my exercises and got the 30 Day Shred; while I was on level 1 and started noticing my body adjusting again is when I saw the commercial of the BR and saw tons of great reviews (in every site!), pretty amazing for a workout DVD!
    I got it yesterday and I should get it next week!!! I really can't wait!!!! If I start now will mean that by the Holidays I'll be able to show my face in some of the pictures!! (I tend to hide from pictures, that's when you really see how bad and unhealthy you look).
    Anyway, I'd love to do this with your support and specially share tips and suggestions about the program...I really want to take full advantage of it and drop as many pounds and inches as I can!
    Let's do this!!
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi all....it's really difficult to get up at 430am to workout, yet I keep on doing it...2.5 weeks in....will possibly pull out the videos for the next couple weeks and either scare myself silly or jump right in the group! I suspect would be closer to scare myself silly actually ! Or I can stay on the week 1-2 and make it tougher by adding weights....maybe if 3-4 looks too bizarre I will ease into it!