Level 3 likes and/or dislikes

Options
Mellie289
Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
Since we discussed this for Level 2, I thought I'd start a thread for Level 3.

Rockstar jumps!! OMG! By the time we get to those in Circuit 3, I can barely jump any more.

I do like the new dumbbell cleans in circuit 2 and I'm thinking of switching up to a 5 pound weight for that.

Circuit 1 abs are killing me, especially the scissor crunches. They are killing my lower back. I had some issues with a similar exercise in Level 2. I might have to try to find a different exercise to work the same region that is more lower back friendly. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my lower back, any of the exercises that have had us on the ground and useing our legs I have had to put a small pillow under my back so I am not in pain.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    I think I'll try that too. Thanks for the tip.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good call on the pillow, I feel it too! I am not a fan of the jump lungs in circuit 2, so I just do alternating lunges with heavy weights and my legs are def getting a workout! made up for yesterday so I am def feeling it today!
  • Mellie289
    Options
    Pillow isn't helping me much - might not be the right size or thickness. I reverted back to some level 1 reverse crunches instead of the scissor crunches - I think they're working the same major muscles (transverse abs) even if the more advanced move is working others as well. My back is a little sore now from even trying the scissor crunches earlier this morning.
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Travelling push ups and all those jumps are KILLING me.

Ab stuff I seem to have no problem with. But this level is certainly HARD. I had trouble doing the plank stuff yesterday just under my breasts I had incredible pain which led me unable to do them in a plank position (had to do on my knees) which made me feel kind of defeated. Anyone else get this on level 3?
  • Mellie289
    Options
    I haven't had the pain you're talking about, but I am terrible with the travelling pushups and I have to do the last plank exercise with the weight on my knees. I tried some of it yesterday in proper plank position, but couldn't make it through the whole set because I don't have the shoulder and arm strength. I don't mind because I think I'll get there if I do Ripped in 30 next. This is like the warmup to it.

The jumps are so tough! I feel like they're getting better though now just like Levels 1 and 2 got better after a several days of doing it.
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mellie how far are you into level 3? And the jumps are a *little* easier but not by much for me, I did day 4 today.

I also find doing some of the plank stuff more difficult not because I'm weak but because my hands are so sweaty and I can't grip! I've tried 'dying' my hands, doesn't work - I also tried on the mat AND the floor (its wooden) but still have trouble. I just slip -_-
  • Mellie289
    Options
    Today was the 5th time I did level 3, but I had a rest day 2 days ago (which I'm counting in the 30 days). Today was the first time I made it through the whole level without pausing the video once -- doing all the jumps. I mentioned in the check-in thread that I have substituted the abs in circuit 1 though for earlier ones that don't hurt my back - they're still tough abs for me anyway.

I'm having a little slipping with the sweaty hands too. I'm keeping a small towel nearby to dry them periodically, but it's difficult still at times.
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I hate the side pushups.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    That's funny how we like/dislike such different things. I quite like those. Probably because it works the core without hurting my lower back.