Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar Feedback/ works ?

Options
Ok , so I have read all my life that the ACV is good for almost everything that ails you. I need your feedback on how it works or doesn't work for you. I know it tastes God awful to me, but I am willing to try it if some pals can give their thoughts on it. Thanks in advance for your input. :smile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about it, so I decided to do some research. I read several articles online and it seems to have several health benefits and claims. Most sites say almost the same type of things. They all mention how God Awful the taste is and some give ideas how to dilute and sweeten it to make it easier to swallow. They also mention using only the "Raw" ACV as it has the enzymes that actually are beneficial. Processed ACV has them all removed.

Some of the more interesting ones I thought were...

1. Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
    2. Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals. <;-- This is why ACV is often used by people with diabetes.
    3. Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
    4. It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
    5. Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
    6. May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate. <;-- Great for detoxing!
    7. It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
    8. ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them. <;-- This is the main reason it's recommended as part of The Eat Clean Diet.
    9. A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.

I would be very interested to hear reviews of any who actually use it. It sounds like a good thing to incorporate into a daily diet, in moderation. lol
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Thanks Steff: I have read all that and even bought a book about it. Just wondered if any pals had used it. It has great reviews for sooooo many things. It is gosh awful tasting even with honey.:) lol
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just be careful with the vinegar thing. We had a lady when I was growing up who drank too much of it. She lost a huge amount of weight but got her metabolism messed up and got down to skin and bones and ate like a horse just to stay alive. I saw her eat huge amounts of food at the town buffet just to stay alive and she eventually died. I'm sure it was not the normal reaction but again be careful.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    OH NO....So sorry about the lady hillbillie....I do not take it!! I was just curious if anyone has and seen great results with anything? I cannot stand the taste of it...Tks for sharing the info:)
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh my I tried this stuff and ladies I was so sick after a few days. I highly recommend that you verify with your doctor before using. I am on Coumadin(Warfin) blood thinners and blood pressure meds and it through all of my blood work out of wack and was told that it was dangerous for me to take that stuff....maybe younger people can take it and not be sick but for us seniors we must watch out...get advice OK :noway: :sick: :flowerforyou:
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Oh my I tried this stuff and ladies I was so sick after a few days. I highly recommend that you verify with your doctor before using. I am on Coumadin(Warfin) blood thinners and blood pressure meds and it through all of my blood work out of wack and was told that it was dangerous for me to take that stuff....maybe younger people can take it and not be sick but for us seniors we must watch out...get advice OK :noway: :sick: :flowerforyou:

I concur!