August Goals - Check In

Options
Hi all! Love the idea of this group (thanks amandainfanto!); always love seeing other ladies with similar goals to mine. (:

Personally, I would like to lose 2-3lb this month. I go back to school two weeks from today, so these are the last two weeks I'm going to have with a kitchen and I want to make them count! I also want to get my 5K time below 30:00; my first race is September 8th, so I have some time to work on my speed.

What are your August fitness goals?

Replies

• pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I need to increase my walking/running, so my goal is to get in 75 miles this month.

Looking forward to seeing what others want to accomplish
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Goal is to lose 4 lbs this month. I am 6 lbs from my GOAL WEIGHT!!

I upped my calories to 1400.
    And work out 4-5 days (only doing 3 now)

And I'm trying to run farther. Have a 5k in Sept.

:) simple right! ?
  • amandainfanto
    Options
    Im looking to drop four lbs by Sept. Keeping up with working out 3-4 times a week, and walking everywhere! Also, trying to cut out drinking as much as possible.

Good luck to everyone, we can do it!
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 5 lbs this month. I am done being at this plateau. I'm doing clean eating this month since I know my exercise is fine (I work out 6 days a week). I'm hoping this is the month where I kick up the weight loss again!
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 3lbs this month. I am making S.M.A.R.T. goals.
    specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm would like to lose at least 5lbs before September. However, I would take inches lost over lbs lost anyday. I'm just now fitting into size 12's which I haven't been able to fit into since my pre-pregnancy days (2 1/2 years ago) . So I'm definitely losing inches. :bigsmile:
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think we all have very realistic goals for the month, and we can all accomplish!!

My pedometer died, so I had to think of a way to convert the miles I wanted to accomplish into minutes. I usually walk a 16 minute mile (my version of running is about 12-13 minutes). So, instead of 75 miles, I need 1200 minutes of exercise....sure sounds a lot harder than 75 miles! My elliptical time is better, but I am using 16 as my average just for calculation sake......what have I got to lose!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do!?

I gained! But ok with it, started lifting heavier! :)
  • tishajo
    Options
    I kinda fell off track this past week or so but maintained my weight. Since the beginning of August I have lost 5 lbs though. What about everyone else?
  • tishajo
    Options
    I bet you lost inches though. :smile: