before and After stretchmarks!!

Options
hcgdiva
hcgdiva Posts: 2 Member
I see alot of beautiful women with buff bodies online But i want to know when i get a buff body does the stretchmarks fade or shrink??? i feel like ok i will be thinner but who wants to walk around bikini ready with ugly marks??? i had them long time its silvery/white marks on hips and lower stomach

Replies

• ffionblundell
    Options
    I have stretch marks similar to the ones you described, I massage them every morning with bio oil but they never seem to fully go. I've found that wearing false tan or getting a spray tan usually gives better coverage :happy:
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks similar to the ones you described, I massage them every morning with bio oil but they never seem to fully go. I've found that wearing false tan or getting a spray tan usually gives better coverage :happy:

That is right stretchmarks once in the skin they never go (no matter what any cream might promise you), tricks like fake tan might disguise it so they are not so obvious (although they are still there).

Bio Oil or almonds oil if applied regularly might prevent new stretch marks from appearing, but definitely it cannot do anything for the ones already there.
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Options

That is right stretchmarks once in the skin they never go (no matter what any cream might promise you), tricks like fake tan might disguise it so they are not so obvious (although they are still there).

Bio Oil or almonds oil if applied regularly might prevent new stretch marks from appearing, but definitely it cannot do anything for the ones already there.

^ Definitely true. Stretch marks are literally scars from you're skin tearing from stretching too fast. They don't fade because they go to the deep layer of skin. They will fade to silvery lines and can become less deep but unfortunately will always be there. Sucks because I've had them since i was 13 years old when i got hypothyroidism, extremely sick, and gained lots of weight VERY quickly. Just have to learn to deal with them :ohwell:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are part of life, unfortunately. I look at mine as my badge of honor for what I've gone through to get to a healthier place.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think they fade some in color. I have to say, though, that if I EVER get to the point where I can wear an actual bikini again, I will. Those who don't like my stretch marks can kiss my stretch marks.
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Options
    I think they fade some in color. I have to say, though, that if I EVER get to the point where I can wear an actual bikini again, I will. Those who don't like my stretch marks can kiss my stretch marks.

Yes! Ditto on that :happy: *Bump*
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yeah their permanent hon, just keep your skin very moist try a nice cocoa butter or Shea butter. Unfortunately lifting can make you acquire new or more stretch marks but, hey at least you will sporting them on top of beautiful muscle and not flabby fat!!
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are part of life, unfortunately. I look at mine as my badge of honor for what I've gone through to get to a healthier place.

So true, so true every single one of them!!
  • frognerberta
    Options
    My experience with strech marks isnt related to dramatic weight gain but the summer I was 16 my breasts grew from A cup to C. Naturally I got some very noticeable strech marks from this but a friend of the family gave me a bottle of some oil from Body Shop (Im 99% sure it was almond oil) and told me to massage it in twice a day until they dissapeared, which I swear took no more than 2 motnhs. I couldnt believe it myself. Could be Im just really lucky with the way my skin deals with scarring although it doesnt seem like that with all the other scars I have... I have mentioned this to others and some say they have a similar experience.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Like any other scar eventually they go away. Key word being eventually. One day at 13 I woke up with C cups. I had massive stretch marks as you can imagine. I finally noticed when I was 25 or so they were gone. When I was a teenager I was very self conscious of them until I learned that almost everyone (except for a few genetically lucky individuals) have them so I decided to not stress.
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    As others have said stretch marks will never go away. I have heard that spray tans will cover them. I for one am proud of my stretch marks. They are tiger stripes that I earned as my babies grew inside me! As for all of the lose skin.....I plan on having that surgically removed someday.