Kickstart Meal Plan

Options
momof2osaurus
momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm starting the JMBR on Monday (yay!), and I was reading the material today, trying to figure out what I need to grocery shop for. Did anyone follow the 7-day kickstart meal plan? It seems kind of ridiculous to me - while I'm sure it's very effective, yuck. Also seems like a good way to pass out on the floor after the second workout of the day that week...

Replies

• mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    LOL! i did do the kickstart week for food, but I didn't do the 2 times a day for workous. I remeber feeling pretty good, but I was clearly detoxing! I was giving up cafinated pop at the same time.

Good luck! It is a good idea to plan it all out for the while week.
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up my Kickstart week. I tried to follow the meal plan, and it is satisfying. I did not feel hungry a lot, just immediately before meals, especially in the morning. I did enjoy most of the dishes that I prepared, and I pretty much cooked for the entire week on Sunday night. I do agree, it is detoxifying; I started breaking out initially but it seems to be getting better. I also cut down my coffee consumption to once per day, and it has been tough. But, I was studying 10-12 hours per day before Kickstart, and coffee was my go to pick-me-upper during that time (how sad, I know). So it was hard for me to cut back.

I did try to workout twice a day, and it was challenging! I just finished my second workout for the day. I am really exhausted from the entire week and can't wait to switch to workouts once per day. I had only one day when I did not manage to workout twice, but just did it once. I am really proud of myself, though - I could see a definite improvement between my first try at Cardio 1 and today.

Tomorrow is my last (and workout free) Kickstart week day. I do plan on trying to follow Jillian's meal plan as I proceed further. It does get expensive, though, especially if you want to use all or most organic foods.