A test.

Options
CRody44
CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
Today is a test for me at our family get together. Hors d’oeuvres are broiled baby asparagus wrapped in prosciutto drizzled with olive oil, deviled eggs made with goat cheese, crimini mushrooms stuffed with chicken/apple sausage, goat cheese and almond flour, and a salami and cheese platter.

Dinner is Grilled Tri –Tip, fresh green beans sautéed with diced bacon, Heart attack potatoes (taters, sour cream, cheddar and butter), and a pear/jello salad.

Desert is a choice of cherry or Dutch apple pie.

This is my first major social temptation since going back Primal. I am really going to try to have just a spoonful of my wife's potatoes and jello salad and hopefully no pie (yeah, sure!)

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    wow that sounds delicious and very paleo/primal friendly. Have fun!
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am thinking some of those things should have included recipes! Sounds great and primal! (Maybe with the exception of the pie!)

Let us know how you do!

(I would be interesting in the deviled eggs receipe if you have it!)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good except I had a small piece of pie. I logged everything that I wanted before breakfast so I knew what to limit myself to. After dinner, one of the kids put a piece of Ditch apple in front of me and I couldn't resist. My blood sugar was 122 this morning, so, in that regard, the pie didn't hurt me.

Edited with recipies.

Deviled Eggs

Dozen hard boiled eggs
    4 oz goat cheese (In the tub, not the log)
    Mayo or milk
    Paprika for garnish

Mash up the yokes and mix in goat cheese.
    Add either Mayo or milk a tablespoon at a time to reach the consistency that you want.
    Sprinkle with paprika

Stuffed Mushrooms

30 2-3” mushrooms
    8 oz goat cheese
    1 Tbsp minced garlic
    1 Tbsp lemon juice
    12 oz. Sausage
    ½ cup almond meal (more coarse than flour)
    1/4 cup grated Romano or parmesan cheese
    Olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Remove casings from sausage and if not precooked, chop it up pretty small, fry, drain on a paper towel.
    When the sausage has cooled, mix it in with the almond meal.

Separately, mix the goat cheese, garlic and lemon juice until smooth. Then combine the cheese mixture in with the sausage mixture.

Remove stems from mushrooms. Brush the outside of the caps with olive oil. Place caps top side down on a baking sheet.

Fill each cap with the mixture then sprinkle the hard cheese on each cap.

Bake for about 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the top is slightly browned.