Week 5 P90X!!!! Training Block 2!!!

Options
IamSheaMc
IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
Congrats you've made it to Training Block 2. :happy:

Are you ready to bring it for the month of August?

Replies

• allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You know it! Started my day with Chest & Back and banged out ARX - getting easier(ish) every time. I found myself telling Tony to hurry up.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    ^^ That's what's up!

Chest, Shoulder & Triceps/ Ab Ripper X done!
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Supposed to do Core Synergistics today, but did Cardio X instead. Felt like I really needed to get my heart rate up. Tomorrow Tabata in the AM and Core Synergistics in the evening... I start back to school tomorrow (I am a full time student) and I am hoping and praying that I can stay with the program (even if I need to modify it a bit)..
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Plyometrics done!
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Back on track with chest shoulders and triceps followed by AB Ripper X. 351 cals burn .Caught up cardio and core synergists yesterday.Am absolutely spent now. Must rest !!!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You know it! Started my day with Chest & Back and banged out ARX - getting easier(ish) every time. I found myself telling Tony to hurry up.

I find that with him. too. There should be 2 versions of the dvds: 1 for those still learning and needing the coaching of the moves etc...and 1 for those of us who are just ready to go with it and want Tony to Shut. Up! I usually try and do some cardio while I'm waiting for him to move on. Jumping jacks, sump jacks, squats or variations, ups my cal burn, too!

Great job everyone. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things!
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Finished Back and legs with Ab Ripper X. Pushing harder.Love these workouts.:laugh:
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I just finished my week 4 as I'm repeating the week as I had my little ones ill when it was meant to be it, I was going to do doubles but Tony twice in one day is not something I could go for, I was getting hacked off at him today trying to do crain in yoga x, he just won't shut up and he was putting me off, arrhhh I do like the guy just sometimes he can drive me nuts :)

Anway I decided to do instead, p90x and insanity so I did week 4 p90x and week 1 insanity and I must say I do like Shaun T and it is great that the people on insanity are tired and fumbling also.

I've lost 2 cms from both legs and gained 1 cm on my bicep ;)

Also this week after trying for nearly a year (when I first did 7 weeks of p90x) to do a unassisted pull up, I did on this week. I've been doing negative ones for about 2 months because although I was progressing on the chair with how many I could do, they weren't helping me do them unassisted. Since doing the negative though I have come on loads with them, and today I did 2 full ones, so yeah!!!!!
  • fizzy123
    Options
    I'm in awe! that's fantastic, Well Done
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Just finished Kenpo .Did it early today, not much break time between legs and back so really felt it on my legs!!!
  • _SASX_
    Options
    Kelly, that's awesome! Congrats on the unassisted pulls! And I love insanity, too! I love it when shaun and the rest of the cast are as completely exhausted after the workouts, like me! I even feel good when I could keep going and they couldn't had had to stop for a rest. I was thinking last night that once I recover, I've got to put insanity back into my workouts. I've got Asylum now, but want to go through insanity again, before i go through that craziness (also need to get the garage cleaned out).

Fizz, yeah, kenpo after L&B can be hard, all that kicking after the leg burn out. but it sure feels good, eh!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Kenpo X completed! Kinda felt lazy this week I know know if it's the heat or what!...Hopes to step it up for next week... :happy:
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Stretch today .Nice rest. My legs were jelly!!
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Yesterday was my week 5 day 1 with p90x chest, shoulders & triceps and ab ripper X, I agree that I'd like Tony to shut up sometimes as I decide against him twice in one day it was also my Insanity (wk2d1) Cardio Power & Resistance and I must say I do like insanity.

Today was Plyo and although I felt it and it give me a good workout, I now understand what people meant when they say they did insanity and going back to doing plyo is somewhat easier.

And today was one of those days were I wished Tony shut up.... although I do like plyo as a workout... I don't like Dom and always want to smack him one, he just grates on me, yes he can jump high but man his form sucks... if anyone has tried the side leap frogs like Dom does them (we're you go side to side, they in the second from last round). Dom covers ground but they much easier his way, they work way better if you get ya *kitten* to the grass...arrhhh he drive me nuts... I just think he's a show off...

Anyone else have any pet peeves with any of the other ones, I've got a fair few...
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Back & Biceps done with ARX, looking forward to Yoga tomorrow, it's one of my favorite workouts!!! Got to get up at 6am to get it in as it's the kids swimming lessons tomorrow evening, so I'll have to have a cuppa and go to bed (after 10.30 here in the UK)
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Done yogaX on Thursday and legs and back yesterday, just finishing up with kenpo today and it's my least favorite, it bores me I'd rather do Jillian Micheals cardio kickbox tbh, but I will do the workout to keep to the program
  • _SASX_
    Options
    Kelly, I think I've seen JM's kickboxing in the store here for about $10. do you think its worth it? I use rushfit's 'Fight" dvd if I get bored with kenpo. there is a lot more moving around in it and a ton more squats, so I don't do it the day after plyo.

Update: the surgery went well 2 weeks ago. My surgeon is pleased with recovery so far the pathology from the thyroid cyst came back with no big C's at all!, but no working out other than walking until at least after I see him again in 2 weeks. No heavy lifting, or straining my neck at all, no sit ups/crunches etc...but lower abs if I can do it without straining my neck. I've also been given the ok to drive again (Thank you!!) but am still doing everything with my head down to not stretch the scar to much (back story: I scar very easily and get keloids [active scar tissue] from the smallest things). I've lost about 5 pounds just from eating the things that I can eat. liquids/soft-and semi solids foods.

Everyone, keep going. keep pushing play. this is the time to kick you momentum and motivation up a notch! I'll be joining you as soon as I possibly can!
  • fizzy123
    Options
    _SASX_ Great News on your biopsy.
    Added bonus to lose the lbs. :laugh:
    Dont do any damage to your recovery by trying exs too soon.
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    I'm a huge Jillian fan so I'm a tad biased when I say it's worth it, I love her energy so really workout hard to it, kenpo bores me to tears and I don't work or puch myself because the pace and moves just suck if I'm honest about kenpo. If you can afford it I'd say buy it, I know she's got a new kickbox out which I don't have (yet)