6ft ladies and your current/goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and my doctor wants me to weigh 200, but I have a large frame and big hips/boobs, so not sure if I can get that low, but I'm sure gonna try. 68lb to go!
  • orchid100ca
    Options
    I'm 6 ft, 2.5 inches tall, and my current weight is 274 lbs...I would love to get down to 180...
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft tall, at my biggest I was 350 and currently I am 269. I have a large frame (7 and half inch wrist). I have always said my goal weight was 199 (just to get under 200) but really thought it would be 180, but two weeks ago my thoughts were kinda crushed. My doctor took my body fat percentage and said that he would like to see me at 220. I have a lot of muscle and he doesn't want me to loose that. He also doesn't want me to focus on 180-199 and then feel horrible or do damage to my body trying to achieve that number.

He has been my doctor since I was 15 and he sees all of my family. We talked about the fact that I already wear a size 16 (USA) pants/shirts and that I come from "large framed people". My brothers are all 6'5-6'8, and my parents are all over 6 ft. I am the short one in my family. :-) I do have a lot of muscle, I can lift my own weight plus, but I don't know if I will honestly stop at 220.

We agreed that I will continue what I am doing ( I have lost 30 pounds since May 17th), and we will talk once I have reached the 220 range.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    6' and this pic is at 160:

Before.jpg

I'm aiming for 150. :smile: Need to lose the muffin top!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am 22 years old and 6 feet tall with a large frame and 'cone' body type (carry all of my weight in my tummy and bust, have skinny legs and no butt).

SW: 235
    CW: 193
    GW: 165-175

I used to weigh in my goal range a few years ago, but I was not as physically fit as I am now, so I am thinking I'll look 'thinner' at that weight than I did before because I do strength training and lots of physical activity. A lot of people have been telling me I look "THIN" at my current size (I wear a size 14 pants), and while I disagree, I don't think I look remotely overweight at my current size. I am thinking my goal will probably be on the 170+ side of my range, if I can continue to build muscle.
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and at my highest weight I was 211. When I first started losing weight I weighed 203, I thought 180 would be a good weight for me. Until I got to about 185 and realized I needed to lose a whole lot more than 5lbs. So now I'm thinking 160? Not sure. I never really care about what the scale stays, I just go by how I look in the mirror. I carry most of my weight in my stomach so really, as soon as that's flat my weight loss journey is complete.
  • krypt71
    krypt71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" with a large frame (7.25" wrist). SW was 268. CW 198. GW for now is 180 and see where I am and if I need to lose another 10 once I get there. Feel pretty good, but still have some stomach and love handles to lose. Currently in a size 14 and have been strength training throughout my 2 year weight loss, so much more toned than I was when I was younger and at that weight.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 1/2. I currently weigh 174. Within the past year, I've been as low as 170 and felt great! But, I can see my body, and I know I have more fat to lose. I have lots of muscle and am very athletic, but still see rolls that need to GO! :laugh: My goal is to get to 165 - I've never been that small in my entire life, so I'll reevaluate when I get there! :flowerforyou:
    This is so close to being me that it's a bit spooky!

I'm 6' and 175. When I decided to lose weight I didn't know what number I'd be aiming for, so I just picked the top of the BMI range as a goal. Now I've passed that I'm working to get rid of my remaining belly fat, which is annoying me. My current goal isn't really numerical, it's physical, but I hope that somewhere around 165 will be the magic number!
  • rumandreason
    rumandreason Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Just joined the group, I'm 6', large frame according to wrist size (how accurate is that for tall women seeing as it says women over 5'5"?) currently weigh 220lbs and aiming for 170lbs.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Another 6 footer here.
    High weight: 338.4 (ugh)
    Current weight: 226.6
    Goal weight: first goal is 183 to have a normal BMI, but I think somewhere around 160 is probably right for my frame.
    Frame size: small? My wrist is just under 6.25", but I have a huge rib cage/upper body, so who knows. It's been buried in fat for so long, I have no idea.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft tall and I believe I have a large body frame. I am currently 275 lbs, my goal right now is to lose 90 more pounds to get to 185 which is what I was to get into the Air Force 6 years ago. From there I will figure out if I want to take off more, but when I look at pictures from 185 I think hot damn!!! :) I don't know if that will help at all and I would love to show pictures but I am on my work computer so I can't sorry.

26061944.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Francinedasilva
    Options
    I am 257 but I was 218 two years ago. So many people told me I was looking like a bird and getting too skinny although I know I was supposed to be 184 or less for my height. I have since changed my goal to 200 lbs. - not 184. I think I put too much pressure on myself to "fit the mold" which I never will at 6 foot tall. I will be 200 and fabulous - I will post pictures when I get there.

Good luck!
  • Rebzan
    Rebzan Posts: 24
    Options
    I am 6 foot with a large frame according to chart. My current weight is 205 and my goal weight is to be 180. I want to be fit instead of really skinny so I am not trying to lose a ton of weight but I want to be able to strengthen my knees which have never been in the best shape and get a rid of these droopy arms.
  • gildakaufman
    gildakaufman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im new, 25, and 5'11. I was so excited to see this group, people don't really get how different the numbers are with tall ladies! Ok so stats.
    SW: 300
    CW: 270
    GW:175

I chose the goal weight because it was the highest number that gets me out of the obese range and into the normal range, if Im not happy still at that point then well see, but I think it will be a huge difference.