constructive criticism of my food dairy please

Options
jingoace
jingoace Posts: 219 Member
o.k... nutrition gurus - please take a look at my food diary - tell me what I am doing wrong?
or at least give me some constructive criticism?
thx , J

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Ok here is mine, just from looking over the past week..
    Have more than Starbucks for lunch(also try not to skip meals or log if you are just forgetting), eat more protein (100+ daily), need to get closer to your calorie goals.. none of this 600 extra calories at the end of the day, fresh fruit cut into slices instead of canned is always better, you can make alot of the stuff your buying with a simple recipes (pizza for example), eating out to meet your calorie goal might want to be reduced to home made meals that are healthier and better for your macro's... Just from a quick glance :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know what exactly is going "wrong" for you.

I actually read your "notes" sections each day and it looks like you have a quite a rigorous schedule with those horses!

That being said, I'm not sure what stage of EM2WL you are in.....are you eating at Cut, or TDEE? Are you in a Reset? Are you coming from a VLCD and perhaps are in need of a Reset?

Your numbers are TOO LOW~ your Daily Goal & your Protein especially. With your daily routine with the horses and then additional workouts, you are burning a LOT of calories and you need to feed that fire, girl!!

If that's you on the horse in your pic, you look AWESOME already so not sure what's "wrong"......

Tell us more, we'll help if we can.......
  • jingoace
    Options
    I'd like to know what exactly is going "wrong" for you.

I actually read your "notes" sections each day and it looks like you have a quite a rigorous schedule with those horses!
    Tell us more, we'll help if we can.......

Um, it seems that I am GAINING weight. instead of losing. That is a BIG problem for me. I am TRYING to lose the weight so I can have knee surgery this Fall, and all I seem to do is gain....sigh. I don't think I'm making bad choices, just maybe not the right choices in foods?

Yes, I do alot of work with the horses usually 5 days a week & it is exhausting, & sometimes really painful - thanks to the bone-on-bone knee issue, but I think my body just accepts the horse-work as normal. I find I hurt WAY to damn much to do jogging or JM or P90X, so adding in more exercise is not probably going to happen. I do try to do Core Fusion Pilates dvd or the Walk at Home series dvd in my make-shift living room gym :)

I AM trying to EAT MORE, because several have mentioned that my # are too low, and more protein is usually via a whey protein shakes. I am just very tired of gaining & almost ready to give up.... so, was hoping some nutrition person out there might notice or point out something fixable....

Thanks for your insights
    :) J
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile where you listed your weight for the last year and from what I'm gathering, you've gained 8 pounds in a year, BUT you have been part of some "exercise challenges" that MUST have included working with weights since you noted that LOST inches.

I am age 51 too and have MS~ I understand physical challenges completely. Added to that, my mother just had a knee replacement and I understand that being at an optimal weight will give you the best possible outcome.

But more important that just being at an "optimal weight" is being in "optimal condition". And I think you are there. I know your mouth is probably wide open in shock and disbelief but I am going to stand by what I said.

Think about it: your daily activity level would challenge even the most physically fit and then you add more exercise to it.

Sure, you gained 8 pounds ON THE SCALE, but what is that 8 pounds? If you LOST inches, it was FAT and you GAINED MUSCLE which takes up less space. Those 8 pounds are a moot point. I know you want to lose more weight, but you also state that your body is in a nearly constant state of pain. Stress hormones can afftect your abiliity to drop scale weight.

You say that you are not at the WEIGHT ON THE SCALE that you WANT to be so something must be wrong, but what you're doing IS working (and could be even better if you ate more).
    I would focus on getting in the best, possible CONDITION for your surgery!

(FYI- work on those quads and hammies and you'll have a MUCH easier recovery! There is a nice list of Pre-op Knee exercises on the web if you just Google it)

Last, but not least, look for my post about a "dietician" on the General Board who told a woman eating 800 calories a day and not losing, to CUT her calories!!!

And, again, you look great!
  • jingoace
    Options
    I understand that being at an optimal weight will give you the best possible outcome.

But more important that just being at an "optimal weight" is being in "optimal condition". And I think you are there. I know your mouth is probably wide open in shock and disbelief but I am going to stand by what I said.

Think about it: your daily activity level would challenge even the most physically fit and then you add more exercise to it.

WHOA! yes, I am in shock. REALLY? I don't know quite how to respond to this... but, am listening...

You say that you are not at the WEIGHT ON THE SCALE that you WANT to be so something must be wrong, but what you're doing IS working (and could be even better if you ate more).
    I would focus on getting in the best, possible CONDITION for your surgery!

(FYI- work on those quads and hammies and you'll have a MUCH easier recovery! There is a nice list of Pre-op Knee exercises on the web if you just Google it)

And, again, you look great!

Again, REALLY? I guess I should just say thank you, and pick myself up off the floor now....lol

Thank you for the suggestion to google Pre-op Knee exercises - that was VERY Informative. I go see the Orthopedist & knee surgeon this Thursday, so we'll see what happens next... maybe he'll just do steroids into the knee joint for now... but I am SO ready for the pain to go away... hopefully we can schedule the knee replacement surgery sometime between thanksgiving & christmas... that will give me dec/jan/feb for recovery.... we shall see. But, thank you very much for the knee info.

I'm not sure what to think right at the moment of your suggestion that maybe I AM at optimal weight.... that is rather mind-blowing for me at the moment to think about..... but, thank you. I appreciate your ideas & suggestions. I will not give up, but will focus on increasing the protein #, eating at least my 1600 to 1800 daily, and keep on doing what I am doing at the moment. Yes, I'd still like to see the scale go DOWN, but.... these are all things I have to think on for now. Thanks, :) J