Starting C25K and need to lose 50+ lbs?

Options
Hello everyone! I am starting C25K (again!) this week and am looking for buddies with similar goals.

I have tried it before but quit because I didn't push myself hard enough mentally. I made excuses about being too heavy to run and all that other crap. Well, I'm tired of it! I found MFP through my best friend and am soooo motivated by all the amazing stories I am reading on here! I have lost about 7 pounds so far with a short term goal of 41lbs but really would like to lose about 50 more pounds after that.

So, ladies and gentlemen, feel free to message me! It would be great to share this journey with others. Have a great day!

Replies

• mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just finished W1D2 today (which I think I will redo tomorrow cuz this is the first time I did it outside) and its rough but so worth it. I feel amazing because I did it. I ran. It may have been a slow run but gosh darnit it was running.

I'm telling you this so you know that you really aren't alone. I have 40+ pounds to loose. my goal is to get to 150 (started at 200) but if I go under 150 I defiantly won't complain lol

I am online pretty much everyday and would love to help support you on your journey!

Are you doing this outside or on a tredmill?
  • Rabyn
    Rabyn Posts: 5
    Options
    That's wonderful! Good job on starting! I am usually on a treadmill, although occasionally I will run outside.

All up I have about 90 lbs to lose, but I know I can get there!!!
  • ClareWhittaker
    Options
    Hi Ladies :) I need to lose 80+ pounds and doing the C25K. On week 2 at the moment. Really enjoying the programme. I'm doing it on a treadmill which I love doing. I'm not really ready for running outside. My confidence is too low at the moment. Looking forward to the day I give it a go tho. Good luck with C25K. Add me if u like :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support. I'm on Week 6 day 2 of the program. I would have been on week 7 by now but was sick all last week!!
    You can definitely do this. I'm at least 90 pounds overweight right now and so far so good! Not gonna lie, it's tough and pretty much a mental game but don't let yourself say that you can't do this. You may just surprise yourself with what you can do!
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Im right there with ya- I need to lose about 50 lbs yet.

I was into week 2 but had to rest because of horrible shin splints. I took all of last week off. Will head out tonight and give it a try- but Im going to go back to W1D3.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl!! I am on Week 6 with about 70 more lbs I'd like gone. You are capable of so much but you are right it becomes a mental thing at certain points. Don't let that stop you (easier said than done)! You will surprise yourself along the way when one day you are running and exceeding things you didn't know you could. At least that is how I feel. Give it a go! Its a great program!
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    Hi all. You can add me. I just started Friday. Only on the treadmill though. Not brave enough for the outside yet :)
  • huffandpuff
    huffandpuff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow and have 65 lbs to lose! Scared out of my mind, but I'm going to do it! I've never been very good at sticking to diets and exercise plans before, but it's getting to the point that I HAVE to do it! My girls are 7 & 5 and I can't run and play with them anymore :( Wish me luck!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I have 80lbs to lose (I'm currently 230lbs and have lost 21lbs), and I just did Week 2 Day Two. I just run up and down my drive, as I'm not ready to face the world yet. I usually run an extra 2 or 3 times after the allotted time to up my endurance for the next week, so far this has definitely helped.
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Starting W4 D1 tonight and i'm terrified. I've rocked the past 3 weeks and have lost 14lbs in 28 days!! It's a great program and I know I can do this!! I def need friends doing it so if anyone wants to friend me that would be great. I'm really going to need support in these last few weeks!!
  • cartwoman
    Options
    I finished c25k, but I'm still trying to improve my speed. Anyone, feel free to add me :)
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    I'm right there with you!! I want to lose at least 60 lbs and I am on week 2. I have actually lost weight since the first week (going from doing nothing to running and a few other things) it can be done! I feel so much more motivated on here knowing there are a ton of other people doing the same things. feel free to add me if you like :)
  • emmagallo
    Options
    I'm on W8D2... I absolutely love this program! I love it so much that I just downloaded C210K! I'm down a total of 80 lbs... I owe a lot of it to this program.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am starting tonight, week one day one.. wish me luck and feel free anyone to add me:)
  • deedee0398
    deedee0398 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Plan to start it over again tonight. Have about 50 to 60 lbs to go with my weight loss. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • MamaShoob
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started C25K this week on Tuesday, tomorrow is my day 3. I'm loving it so far. I have a lot of family members that are into running and a lot of friends who did this program and loved it. I'm a product of Generation X so I keep hoping to see immediate results lol. Hopefully I don't get discouraged. I'm determined to lose 60 lbs by next May though. That's my goal.