Week of August 6th Challenge!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Congrats to the following for completing last week's challenge! :

Sarita :flowerforyou:
Melissa :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all of the new people! It is a new week so let's start a new challenge. We had slowed things down the past couple of weeks to see if we could get participation up and it's working! Activity on the board is starting to pick back up! Don't forget to check out the "new to the workout" section.

This week the goal is to get in 18 miles of cardio! You can walk/jog/run (if you bike just count minutes like the classes) If 16 miles is too much and you are just starting out try for 9 miles. Those of you who love your classes (zumba etc.) let's shoot for 280 minutes of exercise!

New to the workout: 5 Spiderman pushups http://www.usaswimming.org/ViewMiscArticle.aspx?TabId=1597&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en&mid=6071&ItemId=5061

Also new!!! *** Bonus!! Stay in the green for your food log 6 days this week and earn a bonus flower on the leader board!***

*** if you finished the goals but didn't check back in time -- remember that I collect data on Sunday night turn in your results to be included on the leader board ***

*** I am NOT a doctor consult a physician for clearance if you need to do so! ****

Replies

• cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i'm in! (Jumping back in, cannonball style.)
  • lissa0040
    Options
    i'm in! (Jumping back in, cannonball style.)

Wooo Hooo!!! Welcome back! :smile:
  • mundih
    mundih Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I so need a challenge like this , i have been slacking way too much.
    Ill go for the 18miles indeeeed
  • lissa0040
    Options
    I so need a challenge like this , i have been slacking way too much.
    Ill go for the 18miles indeeeed

Yay!! Glad you are joining us!
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone. Let's push it for another week. I just walked to the local farmer's market. It is rather hot here in New England so it is always a challenge for me to exercise outdoors. I swam in the gym pool this am and have a training session ( outdoors) this afternoon. Ok I was secretly hoping he would cancel. But I am going.
  • Gr8mum77
    Gr8mum77 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm new to this group, but I am all over this challenge. I'm excited!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    I'm new to this group, but I am all over this challenge. I'm excited!

Welcome! Glad you are here!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone---new to the group and to MFP. I am concentrating on staying in the green this week----I made it last week. Oh accountibility---how I love to hate you!:bigsmile:
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a great group!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Do you set up these challenges every week?? If so, put me down on next week's!! I'm game for whatever you can throw at me! :)
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Do you set up these challenges every week?? If so, put me down on next week's!! I'm game for whatever you can throw at me! :)

Yes! Every Monday a new challenge is posted! :smile: