Healthy snacks

Options
ashleyxxxo
ashleyxxxo Posts: 41 Member
I was wondering what everyone ate in between meals to curb hunger. What are your go to low cal/ healthy energy boosts?

I usually eat Fage Greek yogurt, or Kashi bars. What does everyone else snack on?

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If I do eat snacks it's stuff like nuts or seeds, yogurt, toast, egg whites. All fairly light with portioning :)
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of fruit for snacks. Usually eat alot of protein in my meals because it keeps me full longer.
  • ivydarlene
    Options
    I've been snacking on pistachios. It is one of the healthiest nuts out there and it has fewer calories per serving.
  • TessaLabbe
    TessaLabbe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have strawberries, watermelon, snap peas sometimes
  • livetothebeatYOLO
    Options
    I like to do a mix of protein/fat for snacks if I'm hungry. I will get a rotessierie chicken and shred it up with some avocado, then seperate it into little baggies for individual use.

Turkey slices with cheese.

Deviled or hard boiled eggs, some kind of tuna.

Fruits and nuts or nut butter.

I try and eat high protein and fat meals though because they sustain me longer, I don't often need a snack
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Granola bar, fruit, light cheese (string cheese or something of that sort), almonds are my go-to snacks. Almost always it is fruit or cheese!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    turkey pepperoni and crackers, egg&1/2 a bagel, yogurt w/ granola.
  • dustyduck
    dustyduck Posts: 1
    Options
    Usually it is fruit...and a little protein if I am hungry. Raw Almonds, Hard Boiled Eggs, String Cheese. Carrots and Hummus...
  • HelloSixty
    HelloSixty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, yogurts, cheese (with crackers if I'm feeling hungrier than usual)
  • Dimpszz
    Dimpszz Posts: 40
    Options
    I love no-sodium rice cakes, almond stuffed tomatoes (I just put 1 or 2 almonds in a grape tomatoes), and fruit bowls (just mixing all my favorite fruits into 1 bowl) and lots of nuts.
  • ccmorrissette
    Options
    my all-time fav snacks, that i eat every day:

greek nonfat plain yogurt with apple slices
    1 whole-wheat pita with 2 tbsp hummus
    a home-made protein bar or store-bought, like luna or larabar
    banana
    hard-boiled egg
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've been snacking on pistachios. It is one of the healthiest nuts out there and it has fewer calories per serving.

Good to know, I love nuts - especially macadamia nuts - but they are insanely high in fat. I only really eat them before a workout.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    CHERRIES!! They're in season right now and I've snacking on about 15/day. They're low in calories and somehow seem to take the edge off.

12oz's of almond milk is also a good snack; throw a scoop of double stuff cookie protein in it from Syntrax and it's double the treat! That's usually what I have for breakfast.
  • paulajaffe
    Options
    hummas almonds fruit spinach
  • JeNaKizz
    JeNaKizz Posts: 19
    Options
    I snack on nuts (pistachios, cashews, almonds), fruits (like apple, banana, strawberries, cherries), hummus with whole wheat pitas or carrots, hard-boiled eggs, 1 tblspn of peanut butter with whole grain toasts...it varies for me to pass the hunger
  • bongbunny
    bongbunny Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like to do a mix of protein/fat for snacks if I'm hungry. I will get a rotessierie chicken and shred it up with some avocado, then seperate it into little baggies for individual use.

Turkey slices with cheese.

Deviled or hard boiled eggs, some kind of tuna.

Fruits and nuts or nut butter.

I try and eat high protein and fat meals though because they sustain me longer, I don't often need a snack

I eat the same way and find I rarely snack as well. I'd add to your already great list: chicken breast with salsa (shredded, in a baggie works well for this too), deli meat and veggie/lettuce wraps, hard-boiled eggs and almonds (my pre-work food if I need it), smoked salmon and fruit (I second the cherry suggestion, yum!), tomatoes and mozzarella, apples and almond butter, etc.
  • afeitar
    afeitar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like lots of salad veg as snacks - raw peppers, cherry tomatoes, raw carrots, etc. Also wholegrain rice cakes with peanut butter or humus. And fruit! I also sometimes make homemade nakd bars (similar to Luna bars I think in the US?) by combining dates and walnuts in a food processor. Delicious.
  • MissTreese
    MissTreese Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will eat mixed nuts, fruit, or fiberone bars. The bars keep me feeling fuller longer than the fruit and nuts
  • MissTreese
    MissTreese Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    But just remember that nuts are what we call "good source of fat". So eating nuts are good just make sure to do it in moderation
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I tend to plan my snacks at set intervals at work so I don't visit the candy machine.
    My typical day is:
    coffee - 1/2 & 1/2 and equal
    breakfast - chobani 0% fat greek yogurt
    green tea
    honey nut cheerios - 1 cup
    gym
    lunch
    raw almonds 1/4 cup
    fresh fruit usually 2 pieces - my farmers market currently has nectarines
    (time to go home. YAY)
    mini pretzels approx 20 pretzels
    dinner
    hagan daaz single serving raspberry sorbet or one of the edy's reduced fat single serve ice creams
    lots of water throughout the day