Options
2»

Replies

• zanth07
    zanth07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I have a couple of tips that may help:

1.) Eat slowly ... put your fork down between bites and chew a lot. We tend to have the need or desire, not sure which, to eat quickly, but it takes our stomach a while to send the signal to the brain that we are full ....slow down to give it time!

2.) Use smaller plates ... I don't use dinner size plates anymore because I feel like I'm getting more food by filling up a small sized plate.

3.) I eat lean proteins first ... they tend to make me full quicker and make me feel full longer.

Hope these help!

Sandy
  • psr1964
    psr1964 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi Sandy!

Good to see you. I read your tips and goal also. Good stuff. You are in the middle of your goal -- are you still motivated? Is it becoming a lifestyle for you? I would love for this to all be "natural" for me someday. :-)
  • bytrout
    bytrout Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good Sandy. !!!
  • zanth07
    zanth07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm still very much motivated, I hope that the changes I'm making now are lifestyle changes! I know that for myself I'm a carb addict. I do everything that I can to limit carbs ... if I don't I end up craving them and that is no fun at all! Most days I look forward to going to the gym even ... not so much today though ... but that's ok, I'll have one of those kinds of days here and there!

Sandy
  • bytrout
    Options
    Tip four. JUST DO IT,
  • bytrout
    Options
    Tip five. Do your official weigh in once a week.
  • bytrout
    Options
    Tip six. By all means hydrate well when working out. This is especially important for me when jogging or speed walking with temps over 95 degrees. If you wait until you are over heated or depleted, it can be too late. Drink before you think you need to drink.
  • bytrout
    Options
    After an absolutely out of control lunch, which was excellent and enjoyed with a dear colleague, it occurs to me that one tip is to take yourself and your regimen seriously but not too seriously. It is important to stay committed in the long run to the goal. It is not ok to find reasons on a regular basis to veer from the goal. From my perspective I must take my commitment to my program seriously. But I cannot take it so seriously that a significant stumble causes me to claim defeat and quit. Tip seven: Take it seriously but not too seriously.
  • bytrout
    Options
    Tip Eight. Don't fool myself. Being on vacation is not an excuse for over eating or over drinking. Holidays are not excuses for over eating or over drinking. Special occasions are not excuses for over eating or over drinking. We who want to over eat and over drink can always come up with an excuse for what we are doing. Don't fool myself. The past three weeks I had many occasions to fool myself. Good news. I did not fool myself all of the time! Gretchen and I had a great time. Neither of us added another notch to our belts. I did gain a couple of pounds. Water weight? Don't fool myself. Honestly it is easier now that we are back home. Daily food diary, exercise and regular check in at MFP will help this fool not fool himself. OK?
  • psr1964
    Options
    LOVE TIP 8!