ladies! status check...

Options
deebelky
deebelky Posts: 32 Member
how are we doing?
has anyone reached their goal?
does anyone feel better at 40 than they did at 35?
anyone need some motivation?
everyone tracking their food?!

Replies

• juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I feel better at 42 than at 35.
    I was getting close to go, but then went on vacation for a month and gained 6 pounds, but am back on the wagon.
    I am back to exercise and tracking and do notice a difference. Someone actually thought I lost weight AFTER coming back form vacation. Weird!
    How goes your diet?
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Had a little stumble, mini vacations (camping) are my stumbling block. But, I feel a h3ll of a lot better than I did six months ago. My feet aren't killing me after a day of work anymore.
  • deebelky
    Options
    isn't it crazy how much better we feel after shedding pounds? i love and appreciate that about your feet not hurting! so true.
    it is so much easier to exercise at a lighter weight, too.
    i feel so much better now than at 35.
    i fluctuate alot right now about four pounds up and down, which drives me nuts. wish i could stabilize (preferably on the down side). i am about 3-4 pounds away from my goal weight. wow!!
    i do SO much better when i track my food. sometimes it's a pain, but MFP is pretty easy to use.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You have done great! It's been kind of dreary here lately and I'm finding it hard to get moving with the exercize thing. Keeping the food thing under control though!
  • Megynn67
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to this site. Just turned 45 last week so I've joined a gym (re-joined) and am meeting with a trainer several times over the next few weeks to get motivated and more fit I've done every diet there is and no longer believe in any of it. There's just too much mixed information out there. The focus on weight makes me crazy. So I'm here to lose some fat, gain muscle, and change my lifestyle to include more physical activity and be healthier. I'm a pretty healthy eater anyway and love fruits and veggies. I think I just need to cut out processed foods and added sugars (with room for some cheating now and then). Along with regular workouts and weight lifting I'm looking forward to feeling healthier over all.
  • LadyJos
    Options
    I dont' feel great at 45 but am fighting and trying to find me again. I'm running into alot of obstacles but will just look at them as challenges I need to climb over. I lost 17lbs gain back 7 and I feel lousy! But I will try to keep my spirits high and continue to work to losing the weight and keeping myself healthy!
  • deebelky
    Options
    Hi ladies! It's been two years since I last checked in on this board. I have gained 13 pounds since then! Aargh! Unable to run like I want because I am always injured it seems, but eating like I run ten miles a day. That must stop! So...here I am. Back at ol' faithful MFP. How is everyone else doing?
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just began my journey not too long ago, but I feel better than I have in a long while because of it. Never turning back to my old ways. I want to take this new great feeling into the future with me. Would love to make friends in their 40s.....doing it together is so much better than going it alone! =) Have a great day!
  • Soulshaa
    Soulshaa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over for the 100th time. lol
    I plan to accomplish my goal this time!