Week 7 of reset. went shopping. :(

Options
when i started this journey, i was145# at a loose size 8. My pants did not fit/were tight so i went to go buy new work pants (i only buy my work clothes from one store so no blaming on sizes) and i am not a tight size 10 and feel fat. like my thighs are bigger, stomach is bigger and bloated, i am happy i have clothes that fit ( i bought same pants in 3 colors because i need one that fits well). sorry just a little vent, needed to get off chest and just write out my feelings.

I gained 10lbs so far on the reset and that was as of 4 weeks ago. I am scared to weigh myself now. I feel like I am eating a lot of food (volume wise), but I am no longer feeling full, rather feeling hungry. This is something that happened only recently. My original plan was to go a full 12-13 weeks of reset and then cut, but I am approaching week 8 and can't help but ask the EM2WL awesome people, should i cut 10% next week or ride it out 12-13weeks. I hope that my gain in size is only temporary. Sorry for the vent. Thanks for reading and have a great night!!

Replies

• wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I think 8 weeks is plenty, that's all I did. The size WILL go down, even if the scale doesn't as much as you'd like. Since I've been lifting heavy I haven't lost much weight but I have lost at least 2 pants sizes in the past 2 months.
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    It's been a month since the reset for me and I gained 7 lbs and only have lost like a pound on the scale .5 of a inch on my waist =( I don't know where I'm going wrong really. My numbers are right and my exercise is in the right category.I use a Bowflex and go as heavy as I can without hurting myself...lol I think I really need to get a fitbit, I feel I am burning more calories then what Scooby says during the day.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's been a month since the reset for me and I gained 7 lbs and only have lost like a pound on the scale .5 of a inch on my waist =( I don't know where I'm going wrong really. My numbers are right and my exercise is in the right category.I use a Bowflex and go as heavy as I can without hurting myself...lol I think I really need to get a fitbit, I feel I am burning more calories then what Scooby says during the day.
    I am right there with you. Well, have only been on cut for 2 1/2 weeks, but no loss. But my jeans do fit a bit better.
    I got a fitbit during reset, and I had to up my cals moving up from the strenuous category. We really tend to underestimate our burns.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hear you! And am not only with you but even past you!! Since I've upped my cals and then did a full reset for 8 weeks, I have gained (on a body that already had gained) a total of 15 lbs. I started my 10% cut July 3rd and guess what???? I gained another 2 or so lbs!!!????

I posted this on the EM2LW site and was told that I may have underestimated my burn (like Noor13 said). It was suggested that I do another 8 weeks at my revised TDEE. Not sure I can handle more weight.

So, to you I say, do the full weeks as you had intended. Another month won't hurt at this point. Just make sure all your numbers are right!

Nadia
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options