Favorite Clipless Pedal and why

Options
SelkieDiver
SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
I'm looking for recommendations for a new set of clipless pedals. My bike came with a pair of Look pedals and they've been nothing but trouble since I got the bike in May. This past weekend both pedals got jammed (I didn't get the toe of the cleat in far enough apparently) and I had to grab onto a fence and remove my shoes to get off the bike! I'm not going to waste any more time on them.

What do you have? Do you like them? are they good for a relatively inexperienced rider (ie, easy to unclip)? Thanks in advance for any info you can proved!

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've always used Shimano pedals. My last 2 pair have been Ultegras. I love them. If you adjust the tension to low then it's pretty easy in/easy out.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've got Look pedals on all my bikes and have had no problems with them. I'm sorry they're not working out for you.
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have Look Keo pedals and have no trouble most times. The odd occasion I get a brain cramp and forget to twist my foot to get out of them. :) If I was going to look at another set of pedals I would consider Speedplay.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't know what brand mine are, but I got some that are kinda just a toe cage. There are no clips. You just shove your toe in and they are not a problem to get in or out of. You don't need biking shoes with them. They were cheap and great for this novice. Got em at a local bike shop.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You know, I was mistaken. They aren't Look. They're some knock-off called Wellgo. Looks like a cheap immitation Look pedal. Maybe I'll get the real thing and see if there is a difference. Shimano Ultegra are a bit out of my price comfort zone, but I can get the Look Keo for $85 on sale right now.

Thanks everyone! Off to the LBS.