welcome all Ga Peaches

Options
mamawjoyce
mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
Today is a new day in Ga. so y'all join our group & lets lose this weight together. I have just started too,so we can do this cause Ga. Peaches are a tuff bunch.

Replies

• VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    From Roswell/ATL, studied at GT. I miss the South whilst studying up North right now, no Southern hospitality!
  • kimlee
    kimlee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am from South Georgia - little town called Alma. I am also a proud G.T. Alum!! I agree that Georgia Peaches are a tought bunch. What is everyone's weight loss goal?
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I was bred, born, and raised in a little town in northeast GA called Lula, which is very often mispronounced. I have been here on MFP for a little over a year, but started getting serious after the birth of my daughter. Feel free to add me!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
    Born at GA Baptist Hospital in the ATL....first 10 yrs spent in Sandy Springs, grew up in Alpharetta, came back from college to find Alpharetta was no longer a sleepy little country town, and currently live in Decatur.
  • marchantlady
    marchantlady Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll! It's nice to see some southern folk here! :) I am from McDonough. Ive been on MFP since November 2011. This site has helped me a lot. I fell off the wagon for a short period- but am back in full swing now. Looking forward to where Im headed :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in South Atlanta area. Glad to be a part of the group!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

I have laughed at quite a few of your post in the forums. I should have known someone as witty as you was from GA!:laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I have laughed at quite a few of your post in the forums. I should have known someone as witty as you was from GA!:laugh:

Well thank you, sweetie!

I actually know Marchantlady up there in real life. She's pretty witty too!
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Greetings all,
    I am from central GA.
  • nbrown1989
    nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, I live in College Park area and work in Marietta? We should do meetups to workout and or do classes that are centrally located!
  • nbrown1989
    Options
    Forgot my goal is to eventually make it to 165 got almost 200 to lose so if I can get to 200 I think ill be partly satisfied. Im 325
  • ModoVincere
    Options
    I could possibly meet up with some folks for a bike ride on the Silver Comet trail or the Stone Mountain trail.
  • ToyaDianta
    Options
    hi everybody! i'm from waycross, ga (ware county - southeast ga) currently stationed in cherry point, nc!!
  • kraewalker
    kraewalker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I live in Forsyth, GA and work in Macon. Went to school at GA Southern and hopefully will be starting my Masters at UGA next spring. So great to see there are plenty of motivated GA folks on this site! I only want to lose about 15lbs, keeping it off has always been the issue for me.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Warner Robins since I was 2. I too work in Macon. I currently have 46.8 lbs to lose before reaching my goal. I would be down for any hiking meet-ups anyone might want to do, or any meet-ups that aren't too far from central GA.
  • nbrown1989
    Options
    I could possibly meet up with some folks for a bike ride on the Silver Comet trail or the Stone Mountain trail.
    I would have to learn how to ride a bike I would be down for walking it though I have a couple friends who do the stone mountain trail already prettty regularly it would be fun
  • ModoVincere
    Options
    I would have to learn how to ride a bike I would be down for walking it though I have a couple friends who do the stone mountain trail already prettty regularly it would be fun

If your going to be in the stone mountain area, let me know. They let walkers in for free (just walking, not park amenities) and the road around the base of the mtn. is a 5 mile loop.
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome Peaches--First of all let me say congrats on losing weight already, y'all rock! I have lost 6 lbs & my start weight was 245,I am aiming to get to 200 lbs. then i will start the next goal.I am originally from s.ga (seminol county) Donalsonville ga. --I now live in Blairsville Ga. north ga. mtns near Blue ridge.lived here 6/7 yrs. retired- soon to be 60. We all can do this & when u mess up (u will mess up) just get started back the next day. Its time we all lose this excess baggage! Thanks for joining Ga Peaches :flowerforyou:
  • Taiger31
    Options
    Hey everyone! So happy to be a part of a GA group!! I live in Jonesboro, Ga. :happy:
  • Scarletthosay
    Options
    I am from Tennessee but would love to join your Ga Peaches group. I am so impressed with you success and hope you can motivate me so that I may see the same results. My name is Scarlett ( good ole Ga. name) ha ha . Hope to hear from you all.