SENIORS LOSING WEIGHT STATS

Options
2»

Replies

• sandeev
    sandeev Posts: 44
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I'm Sandy, I'm a "cheese head". Battling the bulge all my life.

Starting wt.............236
    current wt..............188
    Goal wt..................145-150
    Height....................5' 4"

Got some good news on my fasting labs.......my total cholesterol is 132; HDL (the good guys) 52.2, and LDL's (the bad guys) 65 !!!!. Doc wanted them under 70, so he and I are both happy :happy: The wt loss and 20 mg of Crestor are working. :bigsmile:
  • sandeev
    Options
    Annie, Big Happy BD wish goin' out to you. And 92 is super great!!!!!!!! Wishing you a great day and may the Son forever shine on you. Hugs, Sandy
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy!

SW: 317
    CW: 239
    GW: 150

Ht. 5'3"
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday, Annie! 65 isn't as old as I used to think it was! lol

I'll have my next birthday on the 11th. I'm getting there too! We are all still young at heart though, aren't we?

Belated Happy Birthday to Nana_Anne too! I'm right behind you!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Welcome Kat, hope you are having a great week.
  • bethmac_va
    bethmac_va Posts: 65
    Options
    SW 159
    CW 152-153-152-153
    GW 129

I started 5 weeks ago. I lost 7 pounds in that period but I'm slowing down or at a standstill-not sure. I exercise (elliptical) about 200 calories a day. My TDEE is around 1800. According to everything I've read, I should be at about 1440 cal per day. I'm too scared to eat that much! I did up my calories to 1200 and that's when my slowdown started. I know my clothes are much looser but at the small amount of exercise I do, I'm not sure that muscle is replacing fat at this point.

Sometimes the information is overwhelming.

Oh, and my profile pic is of me 5 years ago when we were on vacation in Austria. I weighed about 125. I love those white crop pants and they are patiently waiting to be worn again. :)
  • sandeev
    Options
    SW 159
    CW 152-153-152-153
    GW 129

I started 5 weeks ago. I lost 7 pounds in that period but I'm slowing down or at a standstill-not sure. I exercise (elliptical) about 200 calories a day. My TDEE is around 1800. According to everything I've read, I should be at about 1440 cal per day. I'm too scared to eat that much! I did up my calories to 1200 and that's when my slowdown started. I know my clothes are much looser but at the small amount of exercise I do, I'm not sure that muscle is replacing fat at this point.

Sometimes the information is overwhelming.

Oh, and my profile pic is of me 5 years ago when we were on vacation in Austria. I weighed about 125. I love those white crop pants and they are patiently waiting to be worn again. :)
  • sandeev
    Options
    good morning Beth. I have hung onto some former 'skinny' jeans I'm hopeing to get into also:smile: I don't know if this will help, but i have found that when I reach a stand still, I add a few more cals in the form of protein and it gets the scale moving again. Hang in there. You WILL get back into those great looking capris soon. Sandy:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bnewperson
    bnewperson Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! and Nanna - my weightloss has been a lot slower than others but I did re-gain what I lost over Easter and am now back but very few pounds for the time but I have been ticking off the inches with all of this exercise.
    SW: 177
    CW: 173.5
    GW: 117
    HT: 5' 2"

Though my loss is slow, I am sticking to it...in no small part due to the great support.
    Thank you all MFPers.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Happy Birthday! and Nanna - my weightloss has been a lot slower than others but I did re-gain what I lost over Easter and am now back but very few pounds for the time but I have been ticking off the inches with all of this exercise.
    SW: 177
    CW: 173.5
    GW: 117
    HT: 5' 2"

Though my loss is slow, I am sticking to it...in no small part due to the great support.
    Thank you all MFPers.

You are doing so good. I see your post sso just keep on keeping on ...WE CAN DO IT AND WE WILL DO IT.....:)
  • tlmaier
    tlmaier Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Nanna and all seniors,

My numbers are:

SW = 245.5
    CW = 239.5
    GW = 160
    Height = 5' 6 1/2"

I joined a little earlier, but have been tracking my food and exercise for 3 weeks now. So far this system/site is working great for me. I like that it's so easy to find calorie count of foods and recipes, and I really like all the support that is available. I am a 63 yr. old grandma living in Northern KY and am open to meeting new friends! Have a great healthy day.

Teri
  • bnewperson
    Options
    Thank you, Nanna. It is encouraging words like yours that keeps me going.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I'm Sandy, I'm a "cheese head". Battling the bulge all my life.

Starting wt.............236
    current wt..............188
    Goal wt..................145-150
    Height....................5' 4"

Got some good news on my fasting labs.......my total cholesterol is 132; HDL (the good guys) 52.2, and LDL's (the bad guys) 65 !!!!. Doc wanted them under 70, so he and I are both happy :happy: The wt loss and 20 mg of Crestor are working. :bigsmile:

THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!! Congrats..
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    SW = 202.4
    CW = 168.6
    GW = 143
    Height = 5'5"
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I tried to join a group that had done this before and I had no response.If you would like to join in , put SW for start weight
    CW for current weight, and GW for goal weight. and your height. Example of mine.

SW = 179 lbs.
    CW = 144 lbs
    GW= 139 lbs.
    Height = 5' 2 1/2 "
  • bnewperson
    Options
    Nannabanana: You are doing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well. This is really inspiring. I need to remember to go to the message boards more often because it really adds fuel to drive forward with gusto. Thank you.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Starting Weight 179
    Current Weight 143
    Goal weight 139 or lower.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Starting Weight 179
    Current weight 141.6
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Here's mine (btw I never tell my weight so this took a lot of nerve)
    SW about 250 (I guessed- didn't weigh when I started, just didn't want to see the number until it was down)
    CW: 232
    GW: 170
    Height 5'7"

I know 170 is still overweight but I want an obtainable goal and I would be very happy and healthy there, can always change it later.
    Time to update:
    CW 226

Di--you are doing so well, almost to goal, congrats!
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW = 289 lbs.
    CW = 188 lbs.
    GW= 170 lbs.
    Height = 5' 7 "

Would of course like to get to 150 but that's a dream which I may try for after I get to 170.:happy: