Month 2!

Options
Ok, I know I'm ahead of many of you, so here is my preview of month 2. Month 2 Day 1 basically uses Month 1 whole workout as the warmup! Talk about Insanity. There are some moves that made me say out loud, You've got to be kidding me!!!

I wasn't even close to keeping up today, but I also had done the fit test about 20 minutes prior to the workout.

However, IT WAS SO FUN!!!!!! My motivation has returned and I am so psyched to finish this. I may never keep up, but I'll get better. I was also doing any plank moves gingerly since my 3 day migraine centered around very sore/tight shoulders and I can't afford to re start the headache.

So...Keep pushing, Dig Deeper, and C'Mon Y'all, LET'S GOOOOOO!

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I also just started month 2 and I have loved every day this week, so far. It's tough and the workouts are longer but I'm really enjoying myself. I was worried it was going to be so crazy I would just give up, but it's honestly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Let's say this, if you started the program on month 2 without having done month 1 first, you'd be in for a shock. But if you've pushed hard in month 1 and done the recovery week, you'll be prepared. Just don't expect to keep up as much as you might like to.
  • SavedDEEva
    SavedDEEva Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK...so this is Day #4 of my Insanity Workout-Recovery Week, and I feel like the 260 calories that it burns daily isn't enough. I NEVER thought I would feel like this about exercise lol. I waited until I was one month short of my 48th birthday, before I decided to get serious about my health/wealth. This past Febuary, I completely changed my eating habits and started hour long Zumba classes 3-4 times per week. Two weeks in, I added Curves three times per week. Then I added a 4 mile walk and an 8 mile walk to each week. I've NEVER liked or been a water drinker...I can honestly say that I could easily claim drinking a glass or two...per year. Yes, I said, "year". Now I drink 8 to 10 bottles per day. By May, I had lost 35 pounds, tons of inches and clearer, tighter skin. In June, my oldest son decided to start the Insanity Workout, and since I had always wanted to try it, I decided to start it with him. Not that I was bored or anything with my current workout regime...I just wanted to see the "true" results" of Insanity. Therefore, I stopped all other workouts and am currently just doing Insanity. Last Saturday was the last workout in Phase One of Insanity. Now that I'm half-way in the Recovery Week...and the fact that I've only lost 4.5 lbs so far...I feel this NEED to add more workouts to my day. My body had gotten used to burning 800 to 1,800 calories per day...so this measily 260 calories just ain't cuttin' it!!! lol. One day I even burned 2,361 calories (did Zumba twice). Has anyone started Insanity Phase Two yet? Should I expect to finally lose a lot of weight that reflects the intensity of Insanity, or should I expect more of the same? HHELPPPPPPPP!!!!
  • rildev03
    rildev03 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I liked Max Interval Circuit. My body pooped out before the end, but I can see why Month 2 brings better results.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    man month 2....so much harder than month one. my body is so used to the 35-40min workouts from month one, so during these month 2 exercises, my body wants to clock out when there's still 20 minutes left. each video has been so hard, but i feel pretty accomplished at the end. (:
  • Kristihub
    Options
    Finally! Scale movement with 1 week of month 2! Now my scale goes away until the last day :)
  • rildev03
    rildev03 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    man month 2....so much harder than month one. my body is so used to the 35-40min workouts from month one, so during these month 2 exercises, my body wants to clock out when there's still 20 minutes left. each video has been so hard, but i feel pretty accomplished at the end. (:

My body wants to check out too! Feeling more sore this month than I did last month when I started. I will keep pushing ahead because I want to see results!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Y'all are scaring me!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've done the first two workouts of month 2, and OMG are they hard! I also had a few "you have got to be kidding me, Shaun T" moments. The transition to 60 minutes is really difficult. These workouts seem never ending, in part because I can't keep up. I feel like I'm not strong enough. Max Plyo was the worst with all the different kinds of push ups! Please tell me it gets better.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    WOW!! butt kicked I was a puddle of sweat after that. Matter of fact I slipped twice in it lol. Kinda like starting month 1 but more advanced. I dont think I will be as sore but I definitely worked harder. The Full body drill thingamajiggers were HARD. Hoping if I keep pushing I will have it down in about 2 weeks.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Max 'Interval Plyo day for the first time. I have NEVER taken so many breaks during any of the other workouts. But I LOVED it. Had to modify a few times, but not too bad, and hey, first go round, it just means I have that much more room for improvement. I'm excited. The last set of exercises are really fun - too bad they are only gone through one time each!
  • GirlyGirl28a
    GirlyGirl28a Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hey guys, what did you guys think of max interval circuit?? whats with the nintendo music halfway through.. lol, did u guys notice that?
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Max Cardio today - a lot more fun than Pure Cardio, but more pauses than I had with Pure Cardio, I think because my body was so sore from yesterday, hahaha! How's everybody doing?
  • Osulindsay21
    Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did Max Internal Circuit yesterday. I didn't notice the Nintendo music. I think I was too busy listening to my heart beat in my chest and my gasps for air!

I read a review for Max Plyo and I must admit that I'm terrified!